Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System

4 posts in this topic

Posted

"I hope publication of Transgender Family Law: A Guide to Effective Advocacy marks the beginning of the end of unfair and unjust outcomes for transgender people in family law matters." -Jennifer Levi, huffingtonpost.com

I hope the same. The most disgusting of all this, is that the judges who preside over some of these cases are supposed to be educated and unbiased. And worst...some have been known to make their decisions contrary to laws that are meant to protect transpeople.

Posted

There are some questions that came to mind when I read this article. First, how many legal professional know anything about transgender people and what they face? Five will get you ten that most don't know anything. Many legal practitioners need to be educated about transgender issues.

Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

1 person likes this

Posted

Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

Geenie , very well said . How can you continualy hit the ball out of the park so often ?