Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

UsernameOpti... : (18 April 2014 - 08:09 PM) Hello to:  Starburst, SarahMarie, andymiles01, JuliaC, brookbird, KathrynCamfield and nicole13...Welcome to TGG
UsernameOpti... : (14 April 2014 - 02:18 PM) Hello to:  StefanieStefani, Fred, Egc382, poshgirl, SabrinaFatale, LauriePlumb, Roberta4t, Way2beme, Crystal43938, moutaz123, lindsaysayland, Dialma, Rileytroop, volcrazy40, AbigailGreen, CBorden, Sabrina, amanstarr, yoloynot, Hesmyfriend, alexandrous and vigor003...Welcome to TGG
Hesmyfriend : (12 April 2014 - 11:23 PM) Hello to everyone.
Sabrina : (12 April 2014 - 12:00 AM) hello
AbigailGreen : (10 April 2014 - 11:10 AM) Hey am new to the site, just thought i'd say hi lol
stephani : (05 April 2014 - 10:29 PM) Hello and Welcome To All The New Members.
Egc382 : (05 April 2014 - 03:03 PM) Hello everybody, I just joined. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.
Fred : (04 April 2014 - 12:57 AM) Hey guys
UsernameOpti... : (03 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) Hello to:  Raisin, missdelecia, cat, Tgirlinodessa, kml, rashu, ronny, logstud3, teana87, KatyaMarincheva, MelanieH74, krenraf, Der48735, jesretoj, steve212, oneshyguy420, sarahlambert, bugswanny, frankmc73, ilovecrossdressing, Hannah, kittyxoxo, Niki, Kimmeycd, CandyCox, litimmy45, hcurt, ucyll, Pleasegetatme, monumentalaccount, Hisprincess101010, AshtonEcstacy, GarieJeane, Deegirl, Zohan, golferfan59 and brandystone53...Welcome to TGG
Zohan : (02 April 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hello everyone
GarieJeane : (01 April 2014 - 06:45 AM) Hello everyone
AshtonEcstacy : (01 April 2014 - 02:59 AM) ello
Sarah1967 : (26 March 2014 - 03:53 PM) Hi
Gennee : (26 March 2014 - 07:25 AM) Happy birthday,Trinity and Liz. :)
steve212 : (25 March 2014 - 03:34 PM) hi everybody
stephani : (24 March 2014 - 11:21 AM) Hello Every one I am not Dead nor have I forgotten about My favorite Group of loving individuals and family that I have here. I and April are doing what we can to survive and get through to the next day and she wishes everyone well and big hugs/
teana87 : (23 March 2014 - 04:48 PM) hi to all that  are on rigth now
freshstreams : (22 March 2014 - 12:04 PM) Poof!
Gennee : (18 March 2014 - 01:35 PM) Happy Birthday!
UsernameOpti... : (17 March 2014 - 06:30 PM) Hello to:  Evaxxx and sandal97...Welcome to TGG ...  A belated Welcome to:  myheartfourheart, tsjessy2, bernie, merrittjr, Kayla, Cfayton, triciamaddox2 & Berta82

Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System

transgender rights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System
Huffington Post
I am hard-pressed to think of a family law case involving a transgender person with a fair or just outcome. And that is saying a lot. As the director of the Transgender Rights Project at Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
"I hope publication of Transgender Family Law: A Guide to Effective Advocacy marks the beginning of the end of unfair and unjust outcomes for transgender people in family law matters." -Jennifer Levi, huffingtonpost.com

I hope the same.  The most disgusting of all this, is that the judges who preside over some of these cases are supposed to be educated and unbiased.  And worst...some have been known to make their decisions contrary to laws that are meant to protect transpeople.

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Gennee

Gennee

• Moderators
  • 1,584 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Writing, Reading, Running, Soccer, Transgender Issues, Christianity, documentaries, electronics, bass guitar, lighthouses, castles.
There are some questions that came to mind when I read this article. First, how many legal professional know anything about transgender people and what they face? Five will get you ten that most don't know anything. Many legal practitioners need to be educated about transgender issues.

Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

Geenie , very well said . How can you continualy hit the ball out of the park so often ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender rights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users