Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Serenity : (22 November 2014 - 02:16 PM) Hello
MonicaPz : (22 November 2014 - 11:12 AM) Worth a look!  There is several versions and you can make your own.  Also, check out "behind the scenes" . . .
UsernameOpti... : (22 November 2014 - 09:53 AM) :lol:
CharityLynnC... : (22 November 2014 - 09:10 AM) http://www.elfyourse...?mId=61745695.3 look im an elf breakdancing...lol
MonicaPz : (21 November 2014 - 07:05 PM) Think the young man is a really good comic!
TechCherry3g : (21 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day.
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:39 AM) <p>Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?</p>https://www.youtube....h?v=9vN7mtQltgI
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:38 AM) Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:25 PM) hi every one how are u all doing
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:24 PM) hi ohw are ou all
UsernameOpti... : (20 November 2014 - 06:03 PM) It would be nice if the next TDOR had no new names on it...and that one day, there will be no need for that very somber event.
Serenity : (20 November 2014 - 02:35 PM) Hello people, I came back after for a long disappearence
Tellme : (20 November 2014 - 10:29 AM) Hi new here would like to chat In see what happens
Bonnie : (20 November 2014 - 04:53 AM) Today is Transgender Remembrance Day.  Please give a thought and/or a prayer for those who have died through violence or suicide.
TechCherry3g : (19 November 2014 - 03:51 PM) HI
Sprinkles75 : (18 November 2014 - 11:57 PM) hello all ... :) just wanted to say hi
TechCherry3g : (18 November 2014 - 08:35 PM) Hello
MichelleDT : (18 November 2014 - 12:27 PM) Hello all
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:17 PM) I've been transdermal estradiol and anti androgen fo 7 mos
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:16 PM) Hi folks  newbie here - Had a question re: my HRT

Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System

transgender rights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System
Huffington Post
I am hard-pressed to think of a family law case involving a transgender person with a fair or just outcome. And that is saying a lot. As the director of the Transgender Rights Project at Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
"I hope publication of Transgender Family Law: A Guide to Effective Advocacy marks the beginning of the end of unfair and unjust outcomes for transgender people in family law matters." -Jennifer Levi, huffingtonpost.com

I hope the same.  The most disgusting of all this, is that the judges who preside over some of these cases are supposed to be educated and unbiased.  And worst...some have been known to make their decisions contrary to laws that are meant to protect transpeople.

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Gennee

Gennee

• Moderators
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Writing, Reading, Running, Soccer, Transgender Issues, Christianity, documentaries, electronics, bass guitar, lighthouses, castles.
There are some questions that came to mind when I read this article. First, how many legal professional know anything about transgender people and what they face? Five will get you ten that most don't know anything. Many legal practitioners need to be educated about transgender issues.

Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

Geenie , very well said . How can you continualy hit the ball out of the park so often ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender rights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users