Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

UsernameOpti... : (01 October 2014 - 07:58 AM) Happy Birthday to sarahluiz
UsernameOpti... : (30 September 2014 - 04:30 PM) Happy Birthday to ChatroomStefi38
Dawn13 : (29 September 2014 - 10:24 PM) TJ wish you peace with your new you.
Tommiebefree : (29 September 2014 - 07:52 PM) Hey TJ thankyou for your courage-very inapiring
UsernameOpti... : (29 September 2014 - 02:43 PM) Happy Birthday to MinyteTX
Lori : (29 September 2014 - 02:36 PM) Congrats Ty :)
TJDavies : (29 September 2014 - 02:34 PM) Thank you guys!!! :) I'm so excited
UsernameOpti... : (29 September 2014 - 02:24 PM) WTG, Ty!
MonicaPz : (29 September 2014 - 02:19 PM) TJ, glad to see your outside start to match your inside.  Remember, you were ALWAYS a man!
Tommiebefree : (29 September 2014 - 04:30 AM) TJ. congrads
TJDavies : (29 September 2014 - 02:44 AM) I start testosterone next week!
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 07:16 PM) Dawn13 Your VERY WELCOME!
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 07:15 PM) Dawn2
Dawn13 : (25 September 2014 - 05:37 PM) ThanksTommiebefree :)
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 04:11 PM) out for now....
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 03:58 PM) so all I can say try and see for yourself!
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 03:57 PM) I mean to say that its has been since I started gazing that the truth of what I (this mind body) became clear and has manifested. That's what i know.
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 03:42 PM) I don't knopw how to classify him. In my experience he is free/liberated "enlightened. My advice is to ty and see for yourself. Its It is (in my opinion) that my transformation was supercharged.
MonicaPz : (25 September 2014 - 03:30 PM) Braco (I don't know him) may be an empath.  Believe that some psychics, mediums and empaths truly have a gift.
Tommiebefree : (25 September 2014 - 01:33 PM) Since seeing him my trans self came to the surface and I have felt free to allow it and myself to be female.

Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System

transgender rights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Changing the Landscape for Transgender People in the Family Court System
Huffington Post
I am hard-pressed to think of a family law case involving a transgender person with a fair or just outcome. And that is saying a lot. As the director of the Transgender Rights Project at Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts
"I hope publication of Transgender Family Law: A Guide to Effective Advocacy marks the beginning of the end of unfair and unjust outcomes for transgender people in family law matters." -Jennifer Levi, huffingtonpost.com

I hope the same.  The most disgusting of all this, is that the judges who preside over some of these cases are supposed to be educated and unbiased.  And worst...some have been known to make their decisions contrary to laws that are meant to protect transpeople.

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Gennee

Gennee

• Moderators
  • 1,654 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Writing, Reading, Running, Soccer, Transgender Issues, Christianity, documentaries, electronics, bass guitar, lighthouses, castles.
There are some questions that came to mind when I read this article. First, how many legal professional know anything about transgender people and what they face? Five will get you ten that most don't know anything. Many legal practitioners need to be educated about transgender issues.

Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
Second, we need trasgender people need to stand up in the face of bigotry and threats. Many foes see that we won't stand up for ourselves so they feel they have license to do what ever they want.

Geenie , very well said . How can you continualy hit the ball out of the park so often ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender rights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users