1 post in this topic

Posted

05/18/2012 5:08 pm Updated: 05/19/2012 8:48 am

"A Georgia college's controversial "personal lifestyle statement" which includes rejecting homosexuality has led to an exodus of faculty members." -huffingtonpost.com

Shorter University's 'Personal Lifestyle Statement' Which Bans Gay Employees Leads To Faculty Exodus

I debated on whether or not to even post this news story after discovering that "rejecting homosexuality" was not the main, or only, requirement in the school's "personal lifestyle statement" as the headline seemed to imply. Considering an anonymous survey indicated that only 12% of the faculty planned to stay with the school, I can't help but believe that there were other "lifestyle" issues that have allegedly caused 88% to walk. It would be more interesting (in my opinion) to know how many of the faculty are leaving for the sole reason that the school rejects homosexuality, because while it seems that some do not condone it, some are leaving because the school has placed itself in a position of judging others, and which sins with which to judge.

I wonder where they stand on transsexuality....