Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

shopping for clothes

5 posts in this topic

Posted

so i've branched out a bit in the past few months and gone places other than nordstrom and jc penny who are both very tg friendly at least in my experience. this is mostly for younger tg girls i guess but i ahve found recently that charlotte russe and wet seal are fantastic. i know that other places i've gone such as forever 21 and macy's i seemed to get stares from the sales girls and really not much help if any but both of these places are great. i think it might just be that they have better service in general but both places have been very warm and helpfull every time i've gone in. i can only speak from my experience though

Posted

I can only DREAM of going to such a place . I've been on SSI since 2000. I usually do Yard sales an Thrift stores . I do buy my undergarments new though. I wait for sales . Soes , Payless and a place called Shoe Show out of North Carolina

Posted

I'm sure the courtesy/rudeness has more to do with the culture of the location. When I went on my first shopping trip, I was seeking breast forms. The Macy's saleslady offered me help after I'd found some, then, after I explained I was a new MtF, said, "Honey, you don't need those." She measured me and determined I was a 38B already then selected a perfect WonderBra underwire with gel inserts. So, it's not that Macy's is unfriendly, it's that the people are.

1 person likes this

Posted

I need to get some new clothes since I've lost 30 pounds. Thee are thrift shops nearby. About 95% of of clothing came from thrift shops.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gennee, I've found that I need a shoe size larger than what I wore as a male and wide width.  I can only give you a guide as to what to purchase.  I'm 5' 6" barefoot, 155 lbs. 

Bra 42A  (38 band 41 @ nipple)
skirt 12 or Medium
Pants 17-18W
Jeans 16W Short
Jeans 13 Short W
Tops/Shirt X-large
Shoe 11-11 1/2 wide
Dress 8-10 or Medium
Swim suit 16W
Waist size 12,
panties 6 and low rise briefs (NOT hipsters)

Hope this gives you an idea, as I don't know what you look like....