Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pentagon to hold its first Gay Pride event

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Pentagon to hold its first Gay Pride event

Washington (CNN) -- The Department of Defense announced Thursday that it will be commemorating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender pride later this month. The event will be the first of its kind for the Pentagon...

Posted

My mouth dropped open when I read the thread title. I laughed as I read the article, picturing all the old-school military higher-ups cringing.

GO, PENTAGON! 113.gif111.gif41.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

This is part of one person's comment, "Perhaps the US military will have recruiting booths at Pride events around the country soon, like the Canadian Forces do." I didn't know the Canadian Forces did that and good for them if they do.

Many of the people commenting don't feel there should be Pride month or parades, even ex-military gays. They don't understand the purpose of them. I see the purpose as being a vehicle to let society know how many LGBTs there are, numbers seem to be growing, and to discuss or point out that there are still many issues to resolve. When all is said and done there will not be a need for Pride month or parades. They can just have a big party down in the Villages of each city because who doesn't like a big party?

Bonnie

1 person likes this