Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

TechCherry3g : (21 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day.
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:39 AM) <p>Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?</p>https://www.youtube....h?v=9vN7mtQltgI
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:38 AM) Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:25 PM) hi every one how are u all doing
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:24 PM) hi ohw are ou all
UsernameOpti... : (20 November 2014 - 06:03 PM) It would be nice if the next TDOR had no new names on it...and that one day, there will be no need for that very somber event.
Serenity : (20 November 2014 - 02:35 PM) Hello people, I came back after for a long disappearence
Tellme : (20 November 2014 - 10:29 AM) Hi new here would like to chat In see what happens
Bonnie : (20 November 2014 - 04:53 AM) Today is Transgender Remembrance Day.  Please give a thought and/or a prayer for those who have died through violence or suicide.
TechCherry3g : (19 November 2014 - 03:51 PM) HI
Sprinkles75 : (18 November 2014 - 11:57 PM) hello all ... :) just wanted to say hi
TechCherry3g : (18 November 2014 - 08:35 PM) Hello
MichelleDT : (18 November 2014 - 12:27 PM) Hello all
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:17 PM) I've been transdermal estradiol and anti androgen fo 7 mos
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:16 PM) Hi folks  newbie here - Had a question re: my HRT
PamalaFlinn : (16 November 2014 - 08:09 PM) Being true to one's own identification and how one carries themselves , signifies self respect . You will be envied for your poise.
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:03 PM) Hello all ^_^
MiraRose : (16 November 2014 - 01:54 AM) :rolleyes: Hello all:-)
LoreleiNi : (15 November 2014 - 10:53 AM) Just joined and put my photos up. Not at all like some grey haired granny one might expect at age 67. Yes, no typo.  No one will even accept I could be S
PamalaFlinn : (15 November 2014 - 01:09 AM) Nothing like finding just the right dress . Can walk thru many stores and not find anything desired. When you finally see that one you have been looking for it is almost like it found you.

Chicago: Transgendered Woman Found Stabbed To Death On West Side

transgender crime murder chicago illinois

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Transgendered Woman Found Stabbed To Death On West Side
CBS2 Chicago
CHICAGO (CBS) – For the second time in four months, a transgendered woman has been killed on the West Side. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports the 19-year-old victim was found dead Tuesday night in an abandoned building...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

Calista

Calista

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
These stories are so tragic. The majority of girls do not choose this lifestyle but are forced into prostitution through desperation to survive. Only to be preyed on by sexual predators. Society seems to have little sympathy for girls murdered while working the street no understanding of how they ended up on the street.
Doing what you like is Freedom, Liking what you do is happiness - Allen Ginsberg

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Calista, you are absolutely right. I'm so saddened by these stories. I fought my own battles to be employed after transition though I was fortunate enough to be able to secure decent employment (at a fraction of what I had made previously as a male). Our society makes it very difficult for most transgender people. It should come as no surprise that so many turn to prostitution or other unlawful sources of income.
If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

Calista

Calista

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Lori, I am so pleased you won your battles to secure decent employment, positive outcomes like these are inspiring. :)
Doing what you like is Freedom, Liking what you do is happiness - Allen Ginsberg

Bonnie

Bonnie

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2,184 posts
Legalize prostitution so the sex-workers can have safe places to do their business.  They keep having to isolate themselves when with a client thus putting themselves in extreme danger.  Most of the time it goes well and it is just sex for money but it only takes one.  The morally minded don't really give a damn though and feel that legalizing it condons it and as reported in the article "It's their own fault."  How cold and uncaring a statement!

Bonnie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender crime, murder, chicago, illinois

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users