15 posts in this topic

Posted

Written by AP Sep 13, 2012

"Voters in Salina, Kan., will decide on Nov. 6 whether to repeal the city’s new ordinance barring discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity." -wisconsingazette.com

Kansas town to vote on repealing nondiscrimination ordinance

Posted

Michael, that's a Pipe Dream hon. ALL Of kanasas is within the "Buckle " of da Bible Belt ................

Posted

What gets me is that a vote has to even come up. No one's rights should ever me put to a vote.

:angry:

Posted

Geenie , I wish I had ya nearby when I need to say just that to Governor Bob Mc Donnald here in Virginia

Posted

On the website of one of these groups Awaken Salina they state:-

" The ordinance poses a threat to churches, religious institutions, individuals, business owners, landlords and families in Salina

The threat they seem so concerned about is the threat of legal action If they discriminate.

Posted

"The threat they seem so concerned about is the threat of legal action If they discriminate." -Calista

And then, there are the whack-jobs that actually believe the moral fiber of their very being will be destroyed if GLBT people are allowed to live thier lives just like anyone else, as if "GLBT" is some sort of killer virus that will wipe out mankind. Ya know...like that BS about the "sanctity of marriage" will be destroyed if gay people are allowed to marry.

:angry: Don't let me get started on that crap....

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish that they would share with us how we are a threat to their institutions.

:(

1 person likes this

Posted

"I wish that they would share with us how we are athreat to their institutons." -Gennee

You and me, both, Gennee. They always say we will ruin their lives...but I have yet to hear a logical, reasonable, factual answer. In fact, I'm not so sure I've even heard any of them even attempt to give one - just that we will.

<_<

Yeah.... right

Posted

I'm sure they would like GLBT designated a terrorist organisation? As we are such a threat to a whole community

Anyway, I've got a catchy slogan for Awaken Salina 'Vote for Discrimination, You know it makes no sense'

(Edited)

1 person likes this

Posted

IMO, it's not that we are a threat to their lives but instead a threat to their way of life. If we don't remain segregated, their children could experience things they "shouldn't" be exposed to and if even 1 child turns out GLBTQ they can say "We told you so!"

1 person likes this

Posted

"IMO, it's not that we are a threat to their lives but instead a threat to their way of life. If we don't remain segregated, their children could experience things they "shouldn't" be exposed to and if even 1 child turns out GLBTQ they can say "We told you so!"" -Daneela

Oh yeah...I forgot - THE GLBTQ AGENDA - to infiltrate and indoctrinate. :mellow:

Posted

"The threat they seem so concerned about is the threat of legal action If they discriminate." -Calista

And then, there are the whack-jobs that actually believe the moral fiber of their very being will be destroyed if GLBT people are allowed to live thier lives just like anyone else, as if "GLBT" is some sort of killer virus that will wipe out mankind. Ya know...like that BS about the "sanctity of marriage" will be destroyed if gay people are allowed to marry.

:angry: Don't let me get started on that crap....

Michiael, that WAS the basis for the now Marshall Newman Amendment that was passed OVERWHELMINGLY couple of years ago in Virginia ................

Posted

Michiael, Geenie , I would further like to add that I had an oppurtunity to have had a chance to speak to a couple of "Visiting " doctors . Yes, I was in a simple dress and Flats . I was able to show thm "First hand " what an everyday, normal trans-gall might look like in an office envioirment . Yes , it's a tough road trying to re educate one at a time .

Posted

It's difficult to get anyone in the medical establishment to admit that they're wrong.

Posted

I don't think these people need a vote to be prejudiced. They just are. as Dorothy might have said when she met an open minded person 'I don't think we're in Kansas any more'.