Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Decade of Victories for Trans Rights

6 posts in this topic

Posted

A Decade of Victories for Trans Rights

Huffington Post

A decade ago no news about transgender issues was usually good news about transgender issues. Although the rate of murders and violence against transgender people, especially against transgender women of color, continues to be a tragedy...

2 people like this

Posted

Great post Lori, I know we have a long way too go, but reading this chronology of victories is really uplifting :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Lori, THANK YOU , SO VERY MUCH for sharing this story. :D I sent it out as a cut an paste to our LGB................... t ............... an Q group at our church as I'm on part of an Up comming panel dicussion that will feature an MSNBC story on us . I'm the "Lone "t at our church so I had to bring in Outside help. It's interesting as we host the TDOR too..................... :ph34r:

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you for the post, Lori. There have been many victories for tansgender people. More are forthcoming. I'm see many victories on local levels throughout country and that's good.

:)

1 person likes this

Posted

Old news. I'm interested in the future not the past.I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to sound derogatory. I appreciate the efforts people made years ago, but I'm interested in my own personal future. Like I can appreciate Socrates, and Shakespeare, and Michelangelo, And maybe they do influence the way I look at philosophy, literature, and art. But we need to move on, don't you think. As a transgender woman brought up in the 50's I find the past rather distasteful. I hope for a new future. Dwelling on the past is the last thing I want to do.

Posted

Hotlips, I agree you with but we need to learn from the past in order to understand where we need to go in the future. We don't have to always dwell on the past. Our experiences when shared with others can help them as they work through their struggles. Your examples can encourage to go forward.

:)

2 people like this