Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Barr Loses "Ally" Status

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Dan Avery, Oct 26, 2012

Presidential candidate Roseanne Barr isn’t known for holding her piece. But the actress-activist has upset members of the transgender community with some comments she posted on Twitter.

When one of her Twitter followers mentioned that Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein “is also in favour of letting men into spaces where little girls get changed.”—a reference to Stein’s support for trans rights—Barr tweeted back, “if she has a penis she is not allowed in.” -queerty.com

Roseanne Barr Gets Into Twitter Twist-Up Over Transgender Comments

Perhaps I don't know enough about Barr, but personally, this doesn't surprise me. I enjoyed her when she had her own sit-com (Roseanne, 1988-97), but other than that, her brash, in-your-face, "eff-you-and-the-horse-you-rode-in-on" has never set well with me. She seems to get worse with age. -dml

1 person likes this

Posted

Michiael, without trying to get into an argument with you or anyone else , just look at the way she presented herself on her television show . Ya know the ole saying , "The camera dosen't lie " ? Yer right dear , the camera showed America what a White Trash filthy minded woman she really is . Hey, I've had to unfournately work around those kinds of people for most of my life . Since I went into semi retirement back in 2000, I look back on those days and I refuse to deal with such shenanigans .

3 people like this

Posted

Roseanne engages her mouth befre shee engaages hr brain. Rosie O'Donnelll is also guilty of the same thing.

2 people like this

Posted

Someone buy Geenie a Beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

What is it with idiots and twitter? Some folks just don't know when to shut up. Thank the gods for that, now we know what she really thinks!

1 person likes this

Posted

VERY TRUE................................ <_<

Posted

She maybe just saying what she thinks people want to hear. Thou I think that was a gross error of judgment. I never really liked her, not because she is unrefined, appears uneducated, chews gum like a cow chewing cud. Just a feeling I had.

She did get the pronoun right I'll give her that, but to be demeaning to Trans women in this way shows an ignorance that she would do well to remedy :angry:

Posted

One would also think that since Roseanne Barr has been known for going against society's grain, that she would be a staunch supporter of the the trans community if for no other reason than to rub it in the faces of those who fight to keep us beat down, and in her own crass, brash and unrefined manner, would tell people where to get off when they made intolerant remarks about [trans] men and women. But her idiot remarks, sadly, still do not surprise me.

Posted

But her idiot remarks, sadly, still do not surprise me.

When a Twitter user accused Barr of Transphobia, she tweeted back -

Women do not want your penises forced in their faces or in our private bathrooms. Respect that FACT.” -queerty.com

She has DEFINITELY got an Attitude problem.

Posted

If some one has access to Ms. Barr, would someone PLEASE ask her, ( Nicely of course ) where penises of any sort are being "FORCED " into ANYONES BATHROOM !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I just Tweeted Ms Barr, @TheRealRoseanne. Why attack the Transgender community with your crass comments. Your free to have an opinion, but why be so vulgar!?

Posted

If some one has access to Ms. Barr, would someone PLEASE ask her, ( Nicely of course ) where penises of any sort are being "FORCED " into ANYONES BATHROOM !!!!!!!!!!!

I just Tweeted Ms Barr, @TheRealRoseanne. Why attack the Transgender community with your crass comments. Your free to have an opinion, but why be so vulgar!?

I guess now we'll wait and see if she answers. Any bets that she won't?

Posted

Ohh boy. I thought we were past the point of thinking all transgendered individuals were sick perverts.

Oops :/

Posted

"Ohh boy. I thought we were past the point of thinking all transgendered individuals were sick perverts." -Nathan

Nope...not quite yet.

Welcome to the forums ;)

-Michael

Posted

She is saying what many think. Without someone like her saying what she said then it does not get discussed. Issues such as this need to be brought out into the open so people can be educated, again. She does have the freedom of speech as do we but what comes with this freedom is the opportunity to explain yourself and then we can refute it with our reasonings. Calista has sent her a twitter and it would be nice if Roseanne replied. If she does which is probably unlikely then hopefully rather than name calling a discussion can result.

Bonnie

Posted

I can attest to the discrimination of Mrs. Barr. I once worked at a small comedy club somewhere here in Denver Colorado. When a backroad check brought up that my gender identity was not matching my legal documents I was confronted. This is a place where Rosanne made her start and has a hand in and probably her invested money. I was informed there was no room for my transition. Something I had not even made known if I was doing or not. But people noticed my intersex condition.  I was harassed told I must use the women's bathroom even though I had not been presenting as and told I should stop coming to work or the police would arrest me. It was so strange as the comedy club was LGB affirming and "friendly". Just a bad experience I feel like sharing so people know the effects of gender non conforming on the ability to stay employed. I became a valuable very involved employe until my legal paper work caused this discrimination. 

1 person likes this