Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Biden: Transgender Discrimination Is the 'Civil Rights Issue of Our Time

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Biden: Transgender Discrimination Is the 'Civil Rights Issue of Our Time

By Billy Hallowell

During an address to an Obama for America Florida field office on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden apparently told volunteers and reporters that transgender discrimination is "the civil rights issue of our time." When a woman...

1 person likes this

Posted

I still don't trust the LIARS in Dee Cee. They'll do anything fer a vote !

Posted

Ellen, I trust all politicians. I trust them to lie and deceive and to cheat and start wars and to feather the nests of their bigger doners'!

1 person likes this

Posted

There are other choices of government rule; dictatorship, corporate, religious, etc. Whether or not there is trust in your elected politician is another matter but if it improves overall life for one and all with respect to civil and human rights then the politician's motives are secondary.

Bonnie

Posted

While I don't believe for one minute that a federal politician can be counted on to care for a minority, there have been a few who have gone to bat for us. Of course, we always have to persist as "squeaky wheels." After all, it does take the politicos to address and pass civil rights measures. I think it was in 2009 when Congress first did a hearing on the needs of transgender people. Trans rights is the civil rights issue of our time because we made it our issue...every one who refused to hide from a hostile world and assert that this is who we are.

1 person likes this