Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bicycling in a skirt, anyone?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I just want to share a good exerpience today! I was worried that my plans would not go well, mainly the skirt, the tucking part and the bicycle helmet over the wig. This semester after college I took up walking to help loose some weight. I am an older nursing student. I am down 30 lbs so far. I recently have bought a brand new cheap mountain bicycle at Goodwill (it might even be a womens?) to further enhance my exercise. I took it out today to a national park and rode the bike trails about an hour. I wore my favourite camo "just above knee" skirt w/ green tights, white long sleeved Tshirt with a short sleeved neon green one on top, wig, etc. and a pair of womens exercise shorts underneath, just in case the skirt rode up too high.

I had a blast! It went better than I anticipated; I must be in better shape than I thought from all this walking. The skirt stayed where it was supposed to, maybe rode up higher just a few inches. The seat pushed up the backside of it, therefore no exposure! (I think) I was also tucked but nothing touched the seat and the ride was very comfortable.The only person I seen on the trail was a park ranger on a bicycle who just yelled excuse me as he went around me. I cannot hardly wait to go biking again. I will probably go out on the city streets/neighbourhoods too. As for bicycling in a skirt, I say do not worry much about it, just try it!...you might like it! :) Amanda

1 person likes this

Posted

See Amanda , you prove my point. I'm constantly telling Pre-Ops to jus go out there an "Practice You're Craft " . By that, it's an acting term meaning to practice you're lines until you're living them ! You dear aren't living in some dreary bar , you're living the dream and as someone YOU WANT TO BE ! Go for it .................. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

See Amanda , you prove my point. I'm constantly telling Pre-Ops to jus go out there an "Practice You're Craft " . By that, it's an acting term meaning to practice you're lines until you're living them ! You dear aren't living in some dreary bar , you're living the dream and as someone YOU WANT TO BE ! Go for it .................. :D

I cannot quite understand why a pre-Op would hesitate to go out. I thought living (being) as a girl/woman fulltime (including everything) for at least a year was a mandatory before the final ops. Do we not need to practice what we will be? I do know each has thier own comfort zones or levels to eventually work though. I think the best way is to just go out in plain daylight and enjoy being "you" and most likely the world will go on! I am always in a skirt and I have never nor plan on ever going out in pants. I think the vast majority of people see wig, breasts, skirt and immediately think woman and dismiss all else. I do not think I pass very well but I have never had any problems and hardly any double takes so far, so I must at least blend in rather well while amongst the public. If they "spot" us, they probably really will not care anyway. :) Amanda