13 posts in this topic

Posted

BY Lucas Grindley, December 21 2012 4:02 PM ET

"Then the Pope goes on at some length to insist that God created a "duality" in gender that is "an essential aspect of what being human is all about." He said people are trying to "decide" their genders, calling transgender people a "manipulation of nature."" --advocate.com

In Christmas Speech, Pope Rants About Gender

I wondered when the Pope would get around to us, so wrapped up and concerned about gay/lesbian issues as he has been...

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to hear the Pope rail against the pedophile

priests who molested children. On top of that He hid them

and shipped them around having full knowledge of these acts.

This makes him an accessory to a crime.

:angry:

2 people like this

Posted

Science tells me that transsexualism happens in the womb. the brain gets one set of hormones, the body ..another. the Bible tells me God knit me and formed me in my mother's womb. So, did God make me a transman? Absolutely.

Posted

Science tells me that transsexualism happens in the womb. the brain gets one set of hormones, the body ..another. the Bible tells me God knit me and formed me in my mother's womb. So, did God make me a transman? Absolutely.

He made me a transwoman.

Posted

I would love to hear the Pope rail against the pedophile

priests who molested children. On top of that He hid them

and shipped them around having full knowledge of these acts.

This makes him an accessory to a crime.

:angry:

Genee, once again dear, YA Get a hug !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted

See related article in the Not Necessarily the [Trans] News forum-

1 person likes this

Posted

Sort of thing you would would expect from someone who was in the Nazi youth :(

Posted

A great article! I'm going to get a copy and give it out to various Catholic churches that I visit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow! Sounds like a Call to Arms! A war is about to be waged against the evilness of LGBT and its destructive nature towards nature itself. Haven't they done this before with different so called enemies of God?

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

Wow! Sounds like a Call to Arms! A war is about to be waged against the evilness of LGBT and its destructive nature towards nature itself. Haven't they done this before with different so called enemies of God?

Bonnie

The government and politicians won't acknowledge the fact that global warming is definitely affect nature, our very lives. Seems like their priorities are all skewed.

Posted

"A call to arms, indeed. However, it should be understood that Benedict XVI had already taken his anti-trans position in 2002 when he was still Cardinal Ratzinger. His decision alienated not a few staunch transsexual Catholics even then." -Lynnea

I stand corrected in saying I wondered whent he pope would get around to us. I had not come out to anyone yet in 2002. And though I was "living as male" online and had also discovered that there were resources online for TG/TS people...I was not ready to admit to anyone [online] that I was not male-bodied.

In light of this...it appears the pope has no intention of changing his attitude where we are concerned.

1 person likes this

Posted

When I was very young I thought I was alone in my issues of transgenderism not that I knew what it was called. Then I heard about Christine Jorgensen and later Myra Breckinridge but it was still a rarity as far as I was concerned. Female impersonators were next on my learning scale such as Craig Russell but to me he just wanted to dress female but not actually be female. I soon learned about drag queens and was finding out there were many. Eventually the computer was invented, particularly the internet, and it soon became something most households had. I began to learn how many of us there really were in the world, it was a broad spectrum, and that we have been around for a long time. So if God created a 'duality' of genders then why were there so many who did not fit into that 'duality' as it was intended? I feel I do want to fit in but not in the gender I was born. I have learned then that most of us do want to fit into the 'duality' but we were born in the opposite gender so we are being persecuted for it like it is our fault. I was told recently that people like me make them sick. No wonder there are so many suicides with people like him around. Society doesn't even want to accept a person when their gender is corrected. How screwed up is that? So if there was a cure for lets say Down Syndrome society would say to that person "we don't care that you are 'normal' now you were born with DS and that is not acceptable to us. God had made you that way." The Church and society should be doing whatever they can to help us correct our genders so that we do fit in. Hermaphrodites should be revered as being godlike in my opinion.

Bonnie

1 person likes this