Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, fine . Here in Richmond Virginia , I'm proud to announce ONCE AGAIN that First Unitarian Church will ONCE AGAIN HOST/HOSTESS the Annual R. O. S. M. Y or "Alternate Prom for all people , especially Gay and Transgendered individuals in May ..........

2 people like this

Posted

More intolerance in the form of idiocy, arrogantly disguised as "policy?" :blink:

School Officials Ban Kilt at Prom Because It's "not Normal"

By Piper Weiss, Shine Staff | Parenting – Thu, Mar 29, 2012 6:30 PM EDT

" Carubba, who's of Scottish descent, was planning to don a kilt with his family's tartan, instead of a standard old tuxedo on his big night out, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch. Even his date was excited about his outfit. (She has a crush on fellow Scotsman Gerard Butler)." --shine.yahoo.com

""It's not what we call normal wear,"" -the school's superintendent, from the article

With that one ignorant statement, the superintendent has dissed the historic dress of a number of cultures and countries. What a dolt! -Mike

Posted

“We want to make the public see that we love the homosexuals, but we don’t think it’s right nor should it be accepted,” said Bonnie McCammon, another student.

When I read this statement, I said to myself 'you love the homosexual and yet you treat them like lepers'. Hmmmm. Hypocritical if you ask me.

2 people like this

Posted

What got me, Gennee....was the way she phrased, it: we love "the homosexuals"

<_<

Posted

Hey , just an observation here , but did anyone notice the Color Guard for the slain Riverside California Police officer gunned down having a Scottish brigade of Bag pipe playing , kilt wearing gentlemen at his funeral ? I bet none of them were Gay too.............

1 person likes this

Posted

More on the Prom situation in Indiana....

Indiana Anti-Gay Prom Plan Sparks Backlash

By Beth Greenfield, Shine Staff | Parenting – 12 February 2013

"Prom season is months away, but that hasn’t stopped a Sullivan, Indiana, high school group from trying to organize a “traditional” prom alternative that would ban gay students. That’s put school officials on the defensive, inspired a Change.org petition calling for the ouster of a teacher who made anti-gay comments, and landed the small town of 4,224 in the midst of a media firestorm." --shine.yahoo.com

Posted

Michael, once again, I commented and I SIGNED a petition . Imagine a TEACHER, NO A SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER NO LESS saying "Being gay was a choice " Really, hon, damn , Have I got newzzzzzzzzzzzz fer her .......

Posted

Prom time really seems to bring out ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the bigots...eh? -Mike

Gay teen banned from bringing male date to prom

Missouri teen is not allowed to bring his date as the county handbook states 'boys can only invite girls'

15 February 2013 | By Joe Morgan

"In the handbook, it states high school students are permitted to invite only one guest. Girls can invite boys and boys invite girls." --gaystarnews.com

Posted

More on Medley, Sullivan High & the Prom --

Written by AP | Feb 16, 2013

"“When someone says your kid has no purpose, how do you think that makes a parent feel?” asked Annette Gross, Indiana state coordinator for Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG), whose son came out at age 19." --wisconsingazette.com

Plans for prom banning gays rocks Indiana community