Transgender Guide Message Board

07 March 2013 | By Joe Morgan

" The possibly underage girl found out the truth when another girl from Stonehaven emailed her a copy of Wilson’s passport – which gave Wilson’s birth name Christine. The two kissed but it went no further." --gaystarnews.com

Scottish transgender man admitted to 'obtaining sexual intimacy by fraud' in two cases, meaning he will face jail time

Scottish court prosecuting trans people for having sex without saying their gender identity is undermining rights and isolating people

11 March 2013 | By Nathan Gale

" After a fairly comprehensive search on Westlaw, the largest directory of court cases on the web, we could find no other cases where the charge was ‘obtaining sexual intimacy by fraud’. In a similar case, a 31-year-old man had sex with a 14 year old girl. He was prosecuted, as you would expect, for having sex with an underage girl. The trial was heard at the Sheriff Court and the sentence was 240 hours of community service. Chris’s case was heard at the High Court, reserved for the most serious cases, and where the Judge can impose an unlimited jail sentence." --gaystarnews.com

Fighting back on the trans sex ‘fraud’ court case

Activists demand court stops jailing people for not telling sex partners they are trans

Scottish Transgender Alliance is urging people to sign a petition asking the Crown Office to work with transgender rights groups

12 March 2013 | By Joe Morgan

" Scottish Transgender Alliance is asking people to sign a petition asking the CO and Procurator Fiscal Office to urgently work with trans equality organizations." --gaystarnews

This story has bothered me because, not only is when to come out to a partner a personal decision...but this guy is really pretty lucky in my opinion because the girls were under-age, and he misrepresented himself as being a teen, when in fact he is an adult. That he tried to engage in some form of intimacy with the girl whom he knew to be only 15, is what he should be in hot water for. I get the impression that this issue is not being addressed because perhaps the Scottish courts are not considering Wilson to be a man, and that the only reason he could end up on a sex offender registry is because he allegedly "misrepresented" his biological sex.

I wonder what would have happened had this been a 21 year old lesbian transwoman who had engaged with two 15 year old lesbian girls - no matter whether one of them lied or not?

I do agree however that Scotland should not be in peoples' bedrooms and dictating when a person should reveal what kind of junk they have in their trunk.

The girl who claimed to be 16 should also be dealt with.

-Michael

Thousands demand court stops jailing people for not telling sex partners they are trans

Scottish Transgender Alliance has filed a petition with the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service urging them to work with trans equality groups

03 April 2013 | By Joe Morgan

"The Scottish Transgender Alliance has filed a petition with the Crown Office urging them to work with equality groups before the sentencing of 'obtaining sexual identity by fraud' case Chris Wilson.

"Thousands have signed a petition demanding Scotland’s courts not jail people if they do not tell their sex partners they are trans." --gaystarnews.com