Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Churches need a reminder

5 posts in this topic

Posted

My Dad was a member of the local Baptist church and still sends a tithe. I called a church leader today and asked, "Why is no one from the church calling my Dad...visiting him? Isn't that what a church family is supposed to do? " The person I talked to told me I was right, they should reach out. So I told them, " If you reach out to my Dad, please don't tell him I had to ask. That I had to ask that the church do what they should have been doing for a while." I think churches are getting too involved in politics and forgetting about what it is to be a church family.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hawkman, you're so right , once again ! Look, around here , even the local Metropolitan Community church has segregated itself !

Posted

The senior pastor of our church lost 70 families when she said that the church would be accepting and inclusve. It was postive move because it is now a young and very diverse church family.

:D

Posted

Churches can't even agree on what things mean, for example the 10 Commandments, and so have segregated themselves from each other. They will do the same thing here and form new organizations similar to the Boy Scouts and Girl Guides so as to continue their bigotry through their children and their children's children. I am sure this will lead to a group of all whites since God is white, right? -- Bonnie