Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LGBT-Friendly Hospitals

5 posts in this topic

Posted

A record-breaking 464 hospitals nationwide were named LGBT healthcare leaders in the Human Rights Campaign's 2013 Healthcare Equality Index.

BY Katie Wurtzel | July 11 2013 12:57 PM ET

"The Human Rights Campaign's annual Healthcare Equality Index highlights U.S. hospitals committed to providing equal care for LGBT patients and their families. This year's list includes a record-breaking 718 healthcare facilities around the country..." --advocate.com

These Are The Most LGBT-Friendly Hospitals In the Nation

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you for the listing. Now it would be great if Gender Reassignment Surgery returned to Minnesota as it once was at University of Minnesota Hospital in the 1970's by Hastings and Blum.

Posted

St. Vincent's Hospital here in New York was very involved in the TGLB community. It's staff was trained to handle issues specific to transgender people. Sadly, the hospital closed in 2010 due to political corruption and cronyism. This is personal because St. Vincent's saved my life when I was having a massive heart attack. If it wasn't there I wouldn't be alive today.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for the listing. Now it would be great if Gender Reassignment Surgery returned to Minnesota as it once was at University of Minnesota Hospital in the 1970's by Hastings and Blum.

What happened that Minnesota doesn't allow it anymore?

:huh:

Posted

Thanks for the list. Not surprised at all that NH isn't on the list. Although DHMC does have a great endocrinologist. I think everyone in NH, from north to south, visits him.