Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pat Robertson... yep Pat Robertson

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Bet you never thought you'd see Pat Robertson listed as a celebrity ally of transgender people.

During Pat Robertson's show he was answering a "Bring It Online" question from a viewer who asked, "I work with two people who have decided they are females. I now what the Bible says about homosexuality, but is it wrong to refer to them as females since they have had their gender status changed in the eyes of the law?"

Pat Robertson's response wasn't what I would have expected. It was far from unconditional approval of transgender lifestyles but very interesting that he showed some understanding.

See the following video at 2:30 for this segment.

2 people like this

Posted

:huh: Will the real Pat Robertson please stand up....

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it is great that Pat Robertson was willing to address the trans issue. Especially when so many church leaders either ignore the issue or condemn the person.

1 person likes this

Posted

Poor ole Pat is suffering from a "Senior " moment .......................... <_<

1 person likes this

Posted

Seems as though "LOCAL " Radio talk show mouth pieces are runnin ole pat down over sidin wiff us Wackjob Trannies . Oh yes , Google W R V A 1480 radio and look into The usual TRASH being foisted upon us . Oh well, NUTHIN NEW IN DA LAN DAT TIME FERGOT ..................

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know who Pat Robertson is but I see he skirted the issue as best he could. He agreed there was not an issue with those who were in the wrong bodies and had them corrected and who are we to judge them. But then he questioned those who "think" they are in the wrong bodies. So there seems to be a difference between those who think they are and those who know they are. I would say that is why we go to knowledgeable therapists to help with that answer. Yes there are those who are know right from a very young age but then there are those who learn very quickly to hide it and struggle with it for many years. I am glad he said he didn't understand it because he doesn't and same with most people so how can they judge. Pope Francis is saying the same thing, "Who am I to judge?"

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

Well... seems the real Pat, decided to stand up ....Robertson Likens Transgender People to Geldings. The whole video is a bunch of ignorance-laced trash talk, but Robertson's drivvel about transpeople being like geldings comes in around the 2:05 mark.

And the "old fuddy-duddy" is apparently too fuddy-duddy to know that there are [trans]men, too... :angry: unless it's a case of him just not giving a flying leap about FTM transsexuals.

1 person likes this

Posted

"loud minority" -- is she kidding! We have been marginalized and beaten down for so long. We're just finally starting to stand up against oppression and asking for a fair shake.

Pat is out of touch on this subject. WTH! Comparing transgender people to his gelded horse. Is it too late for me to rescind his "celebrity ally" status?

2 people like this

Posted

"WTH! Comparing transgender people to his gelded horse. Is it too late for me to rescind his "celebrity ally" status?" - Lori

Good God Gerty...I'm sitting here dying laughing. Naw...it's not too late. But I sorta think it should stay just so we (and those to follow) can see how this pancake flipped!! :lol:

""loud minority" -- is she kidding!" - Lori

Yeah.... I noted that little comment too. I dunno who they've been listening to, but it sure the hell ain't been US!!

<shaking head>

2 people like this

Posted

With transgender people standing up for themselves the attacks will get vicious and nasty. I'm NOT backing down either.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good Lord this guy is confused and the girl didn't help matters at all with her misinformation!

How is it that we are such an inconvenience to their day-to-day living? The use of the washroom seems to be such a huge issue when it really is not other than how dangerous it can be for transgenders to use the washroom of either gender. What is it they think we do in the washrooms that endangers anyone?

Bonnie

3 people like this

Posted

Why Bonnie , don't you know that we "Transgenders " are just a bunch of sexual deviants , child molesters , animals that haven't had rabies shots ...................

Hey, I'm outta coffee. I must have coffee to continue this !

4 people like this

Posted

"Hey, I'm outta coffee. I must have coffee to continue this !" --tbirdgal

Coffee? Need something stronger than that. I say pull out the rum and find a parrot - the conversation will be a lot more fun. And the parrot won't call ya names!

84274w.gifbird-graphics-parrot-371851.gif

3 people like this

Posted

You just gotta stop stealing all the Charmin!

2 people like this

Posted

Naw, I do good on Louisiana light weight .......................

1 person likes this

Posted

lol! They reported the same thing (About Pat Robertson) that we've been talking about here. Remember you heard it here first folks.

"After inspiring hope in LGBT people everywhere by stating that he didn't think identifying as transgender was a sin, Robertson went on to compare transgender people to his castrated horse."

3 people like this

Posted

Neiggghhh, Tell me it isn't so.

2 people like this

Posted

lol! They reported the same thing (About Pat Robertson) that we've been talking about here. Remember you heard it here first folks.

"After inspiring hope in LGBT people everywhere by stating that he didn't think identifying as transgender was a sin, Robertson went on to compare transgender people to his castrated horse."

Damn, I quit smokin years ago, I mean anything , but I want what he's doin !!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

It surprise you that Pat Roberstson has shown support for the transgender community for years. He came out once and stated that we are making a physical change, and as long as we are not having unmarried sex, it is not a sin to make those changes
2 people like this

Posted

"It surprise you that Pat Roberstson has shown support for the transgender community for years. He came out once and stated that we are making a physical change, and as long as we are not having unmarried sex, it is not a sin to make those changes" --Salem

Whatever support he showed for however many years, went down the drain with his

Besides, how much support could he really afford us, when people like him are too busy trying to burn gays at the stake, and keep the ones who escape burning from marrying.

And the way I look at it... in most cases, the person who has a problem with any part of the "TGLB," usually has a problem with ALL of the "TGLB." Considering Robertson's track record, his support for transpeople was either a lie, or he just didn't know or understand what trans meant.

-Michael

*No doubt his biggest concern is with transwomen

2 people like this

Posted

What's so cool about the internet? You get to see the "Human Experience" evolving right in front of your very eyes! I know it's just a tiny little sound byte. My supposition is that Mr. Robertson himself would have to agree, that his faith evolves. And that if you asked him about "evolution" and "creationsism", he would have to admit, both make a good case towards the evidence for the existence of the Mysterious Hand of the Divine. I know I do. It helps me deal with my "trek". After all, evolution and change are two different things. The weather changes. Humans evolve. Talk about an elegant design!

2 people like this

Posted

"...the person who has a problem with any part of the "TGLB," usually has a problem with ALL of the "TGLB." - Michael

It is true quite often but I wanted to add that quite a number of countries and cultures do understand to some degree and thus allow transgenderism but will not understand or allow same sex lifestyles or marriage. The LG and B being sexual markers.

Bonnie

2 people like this