10 posts in this topic

Posted

A 42-year-old hairdresser from Limogues was discovered by firefighters after friends realized she had been missing for 24 hours

30 July 2013 | By Joe Morgan

"While police and local media are describing her as a transvestite or a cross-dresser, she was known by her friends and neighbors as Myléne." --gaystarnews.com

Trans woman beaten to death with a hammer in France

2 people like this

Posted

Another sad story and poor reporting by those who referred to her as him.

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

How awful, to be disrespected even in death.

2 people like this

Posted

With new posts on the thread from Bonnie and Lori, I tried to find something new on this case. I found a French article dated 26 July, which is probably the article where sites like planetransgender and gaystarnews got the original report of Mylène's murder. This led me to a link to another article dated 31 July. I do not speak French, but it appears obvious that the article's headline has something to do with autopsy results.

Limousin > Limoges 31/07/13 - 10h23

Meurtre de Mylène : les résultats de l'autopsie connus ce jeudi

From a photo that accompanied the 26 July French article, it appears that Mylène's birth name was Laurent. I found the following article by searching lepolulaire.fr for "Laurent" and "Mylène" --

Limousin > Limoges 01/08/13 - 15h17

Meurtre de Mylène : ouverture d'une information contre X pour vol avec violence ayant entraîné la mort

And yet another article, accompanied by a photo of flowers and all manner of small gift-like items left at the entry to where Mylène must have lived ...

Limousin > Couzeix 29/07/13 - 18h34

Meurtre de "Mylène" : les hommages affluent sur Facebook

Perhaps someone can translate these articles for us? Google translate does okay, but sometimes it takes a human to make sense of the differences found in all our languages so that someone who doesn't speak a particular language can better understand.

2 people like this

Posted

Here's a translation of the first article as best as I could make out;

Mylene murder: the results of the autopsy known Thursday

The key witness in the murder of Laurent Mallet, aka Mylene, is still actively being sought by the police. Last weekend the police identified a man measuring about 1.80m (5ft 11 in) and about 30 years old who speaks with an Eastern accent was spotted near a squat (a place where some are living, squatting) on Des Grandes Pousses Street. But he had already fled.

Autopsy Results

Still, it remains unsolved. "Nothing says he really is the last one to see her alive. When he left the scene, another person may well have come to the home and killed Mylene. For now, this witness is simply a person we just want to talk to, said a source close to the investigation, refusing to talk about the "prime suspect ".

The complete record of the autopsy, which was performed on Friday on the body of the victim, will be communicated to the prosecution of Limoges Thursday. We will know a little more about the circumstances of the death of Mylene, whom his family and friends pay tribute on social networks and in front of his home of Couzeix where they are leaving flowers, stuffed animals and other souvenirs.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks, Bonnie. Seems that article on the autopsy results wasn't as full of information as [i had] hoped. But now that we have more info, it might be easier to find other news as this case progresses.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

UPDATE

An article at actus-france.fr indicates that a man has been arrested in Bulgaria. While there was no name in the article, the man arrested was the last to see Mylène alive. It's nice to know that this case has not just been pushed to the back burner, but it's sad that entities involved continue yet to refer to Mylène as a man despite the fact that she identified as female.

Limoges: the last man to have seen Mylène arrested in Bulgaria (English translation)  (Page no longer exists)

François Clapeau | Published 12/09/2013 | 7:05 p.m., updated on 12/09/2013 | 7:05 p.m.

Original French article   (Page no longer exists)

It also appears, according to limousin.france3.fr that Mylène was cremated shortly after this thread was first created.   (Link in this paragraph goes to the website, article is most likely archived)

Edited by UsernameOptional
1 person likes this

Posted

The English article was "not found".

Yes, I am happy to see it is still being investigated like any other murder. Not sure on how cremation is pertinent to the story?

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

I was going to try to update the links for the latest on Mylène...but it appears that actus-france.fr has done away with all the articles on her. I will do some more digging around to see if I can find something new on Mylène, or another source for the suspect mentioned in Post #7.

2 people like this

Posted

Mike,

Several of your links in your second to last post before mine are broken, from their side, not yours, I suspect.

Monica

1 person likes this