Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Photographer Alleges Mistreatment at Border

3 posts in this topic

Posted

'Ten border guards standing around reading about my really graphic gay sex? It's really invasive'

Justin Ling | Published Tue, Jul 9, 2013 1:52 pm EDT

"The guard seemed all set to wave them through, says Julian, but then the driver did something to give the border agent pause — he referred to Julian as "he."" -- dailyxtra.com

Trans photographer alleges mistreatment at Canada-US border

Posted

Interesting article. I have travelled all over the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America but I have never been grilled as much as at the Canadian border (both going in and out). I didn't really have a problem, but the questioning always seems more intense. They seem to probe deeper on both sides of the border. One of my friends had to buy a temporary visa to enter Canada due to a misdemeanor DUI conviction. I wasn't sure if it was just coincidence, but that border seems to draw scrutiny. Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of personal data the US shares with Canadian border agents, and vice-versa.

Posted

Wow! I hate crossing borders because the guards no matter on which side of the border can be asses. I have been sent for secondary questioning because my sister-in-law who I was driving across the US-Canada border to meet with her husband, long story, was so nervous. We were separated and I was asked why she was so nervous and the purpose and length of our visit. I told the truth with some lying as to where we were meeting her husband but they eventually believed me and let us go. My past helped me stay calm I just don't like dealing with border guards any where.

The admission to having smoked pot was just an excuse. Our federal Liberal leader just admitted to having tried pot. Will he be banned from entering the US now?

Bonnie