6 posts in this topic

Posted

Russian woman who lost her job, her family and her home is being described as the 'first victim of gay propaganda'

21 October 2013 | By Joe Morgan

" She had just been given a mortgage so she could buy her own apartment, had bought a car and was ready to go travelling." --gaystarnews.com

Trans woman, 22, kills herself after being sacked by Putin’s laws

We hear so much about the rampant homophobia, and the homophobic laws in Russia. Ironic that what may be the first person to really feel the full brunt of Putin's bullcrap... is a [trans]woman. -M

Posted

I'm fearful that this will play out here too.................................

Posted

So sad. She was working for the government and was apparently doing everything a responsible citizen would do. As the story points out, she was a victim of both her government and even her own parents. I hear so many of these stories and I wonder how those who bear direct responsibility cope with the destruction. Do they continue to blame the victim for being different? How utterly senseless.

Posted

This is really horrible. Putin has blood on his hands. Perhaps the Olympics should be boycotted.

Posted

"Do they continue to blame the victim for being different?" -Lori

I thought about this too. I'm sure that is exactly what will happen. Either that, or they will celebrate one less "freak" in the world. Who will care that society is rid of another "tranny?"

"This is really horrible. Putin has blood on his hands." -Gennee

I agree, Gennee. But somehow, I don't think Putin will ever consider that the death of this young woman is on his head. He will most likely sleep at night. I wouldn't doubt that he and his cronies probably even lifted a few vodka salutes to her suicide.

As for the Olympics... I can't say I agree with boycotting. Too many innocent people would suffer - the Olympians who've trained for the past four years (or longer), people who've planned and saved for vacations that coincide with the Olympics, the Russian people who have worked so hard to prepare for the Olympics, etc.

I think the next best thing would be that the Olympic Committee never again approve any Olympics be held in Russia until the government-sanctioned homophobia comes to an end. But I guess if the IOC does that...there might be a whole helluva lotta places where they Olympics would not be held.

I wonder what would happen? Government-sanctioned hatred would come to an end? Or would that be the beginning of the end of the Olympics?

Hmmmm.......

Posted

Michael, The IOC will NEVER do the right thing. Never has. With all the money that they are getting fat chance they will do anything.