Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Police Officer Accused of Rape

5 posts in this topic

Posted

The officer, from El Monte, reportedly attacked the victim for her gender identity and has been placed on leave

27 October 2013 | By Ashlee Kelly

" A police officer in Southern California has been accused of raping a transsexual woman whilst on duty." --gaystarnews.com

California police officer accused of raping trans woman whilst on duty

~~ And they wonder why so many TGLB people are afraid of, or don't like, the police. -M

Posted

The news article only gives a few details. I was struck by the fact that the officer has not been arrested. I can't help but wonder if there is more to the story. I will be interested to see how this plays out. Hopefully there is a fair and impartial investigation in progress.

1 person likes this

Posted

Here is another story with a few more details. I thought it was murky and this will only stir up more questions... the incident allegedly occured on 10/23/12. There is no information about why it took so long for an investigation to begin.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/El-Monte-Police-Officer-Accused-of-Raping-Transgender-Woman-229229431.html

You have to wonder how many times transgender people are victimized (even today) and because of who we are, the crimes go unreported for fear of being outed, being ridiculed, being labeled as sex workers or whatever.

Posted

I wondered about this story too...

.... 1. why is it just being investigated a year later?

.... 2. why does it sound as if the used condom has just been turned over?

.... 3. and why is this a federal case? Is it because it involves a cop? Or has this been deemed a hate crime?

I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a false story like the couple of stories manufactured by lesbians in the past few years. That would definitely not be the kind of press we need.

-Mike

Posted

I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a false story like the couple of stories manufactured by lesbians in the past few years. That would definitely not be the kind of press we need.

I thought the same thing but it seems unlikely that a transgender person would subject themself to so much scrutiny if there was no criminal act. Stranger things have happened I suppose and I guess we'll have to wait and see.