Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Position Opens Up In TGLBQI Ministry

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Last night, the TGLBQI group at our church met for our second meeting discussing faith and sexuality. It has been a lively and educational discussion with many concerns and discoveries.

Afterwards, we discussed election of officers in the group. I have volunteered with the education/activist position because I'm interested with educating people about transgender issues. We will meet again next month for further discussions.

:)

3 people like this

Posted

Geenee, in the years I have seen you're posts here and on another forum, I'm quite sure you are well qualified to take on this new leadership position !

Posted

Ditto what tbirdgal said.

Posted

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Posted

We looking to go out into the community. There are people in the TGLBQI who seek a place where they can worship openly as they are.The ministry is also involved in social justice issues.

One of my hot button issues is to see the Gender Employment Non-Discrimination Act passed here in New York State. It has languished for over a decade now. I just read a posting from a TGLB organization thatsays they are working for transgender people but won't mention the word 'transgender' in their speeches. I find this rehensible and disturbing. That's the reason why I have some reluctance in working with a mainstream TGLB organization. They've dropped the ball a few times too many for my liking.

Posted

There was another meeting today about the positions mention. Two men are interested in the social activities post. The education/advocate post is open which I will take at our next meeting in March. I will be doing Transgender 101 in June to coincide with pride month. I will let everyone know the up to date details after the March meeting.