Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not all Baptist ministers are ogres

5 posts in this topic

Posted

So I called my Mom today to ask if she would contact this Baptist minister we both know. she told me to call him myself, that he knew of my life changes. So just called him. My questions being basically about caring for my Dad. It was scary calling him. He knew me in my past also . And he was very respectful. And I appreciate that he asked if he could contact me in a couple days. To take the time to think about my questions. Felt really good to be accepted by this pastor that I have always had great respect for

1 person likes this

Posted

That's great! You're right, not all ministers are ogres.

:)

Posted

Hawkman, now that shows that this gentleman is truly trying to do what Jesus would have done . I'm glad there a few out there that will put bias aside and see people for who they are !

Posted

I can't see how he could refuse your requests regarding your father no matter what his personal view is. Will this go further than the answers to your questions? I do hope so.

Bonnie

Posted

It did go further. One thing this minister asked before I could even pose my question was, " What name do you go by now...So I know how to address you." It did go further, just from the respect.