Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Believing does'nt mean i am perfect

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Just thinking about this today. I think that a lot of non-believers expect that Christians are supposed to live a perfect life. Yes, God does want us to be conformed to the likeness of Jesus, but as humans, we can not achieve this. In a lot of ways it is harder for someone that believes in God to live right. Because we have an enemy that wants us to mess up. Mess up our lives and testimony so that all will be turned away. I wonder if this is the reason some don't believe. That they expect Christians should be perfect.

Posted

Gee, once again , I'm reading about rainbows an unicorns . Yep, a dream . Only Jesus himself was ever able to truly live a "Perfect life " . We as humans have too many inbred flaws . Realistically, it ain't gonna happen . Oh sure , one can go to church, pray every day, read scripture , uh huh. That an a nickel still won't buy yer way to salvation or go to heaven . I believe in God , his miracles and that Jesus was a man with special powers and a mission . That mission was to get us to believe in God ............

1 person likes this

Posted

Only Jesus was a perfect person. Some times people are elevated to God's perfection much to others disappointment when they don't live up to those expectations.

Posted

I understood that Jesus did not live a "Perfect Life" and struggled and questioned Why? quite often. I don't think any of us are expected to live a perfect life and that the key is that we try to be good to one another and to love one another. I think that unbelievers try to do the same thing. So the main difference is belief or not.

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

In the Old Testament there were all sorts of rules and regulations that were to be done. Anyway these were set up to show the futility of trying to be perfect enough to be acceptable to GOD. The purpose of this was to show the true need for a perfect sacrifice. That was JESUS. As humans we will never be perfect. The only way to have a perfect afterlife is accept the free gift of salvation. The way to do that is to believe. It says absolutely nothing about being perfect to do this.

2 people like this

Posted

I'd like to just say,,,and by no means am I saying anyone elses beliefe is right or wrong, nor that mine is the only way but, Christianity is but one form of religious interpretation, there are countless veriances some not even involved with a diety named jesus or a bible, personally I believe in reincarnation and I think the bible was re-writien by governments over the centuries to control mass populations of people with very little effort, the rule in fear syndrome, personally I do believe in god I do believe in myself and I do believe in thinking and common sence, I however cannot believe in a god who punishes a person just for wanting to be happy.. again I wish no arguments this is just food for thought, with all the war and disease and pain and suffering in this world, I would like to think of a god who is pleased when his or her yes I said her, people find a shred of happiness and love in this world, to me a true god is a merciful loving careing one, not a judgemental jelious controlling dictater .................. as ever Summer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,.P.S. forgive typos plz

Posted

Hey Summer. I have no problem with people that have views different than mine. I do have to say it is misleading to blame God for all the wrong and hurt in the world. We do have an enemy that looks to deceive all. An enemy that wishes none to believe. Also, God gives us free will . Meaning we can chose weather to do harm or good. And based on peoples choices, government choices,people suffer. All I know is Christ. The Christ that gave his life for a wreck like me.

Posted

ty and I respect and honor your beliefs ty for respecting mine and hugs, and blessings, and I agree with we have an enemy yes and the enemy in my opinion is bigotry and ignorance, people making un-educated opinions based on what they see not facts LGBT people have delt with this many times, if you walk, talk, dress or have any different views or feelings your " nuts, insane, crazy, weird ,a freak, ect rather than learning why or researching possible causes, they totally shut us out, and its mostly out of total fear, if they walk to close will they become weird, if there kids see us will they be weird, if they shop in the stores we do or eat in restaurants we do will they somehow become weird to. all from fear and ignorance passed from parent to child, a cycle of abuse that has gone on for hundreds of years, be it race sexual orientation creed color religion the first step is to stop telling the lil kids of the world its wrong or evil or whatever to be different . it's the educated adults who must teach the new generations and end the cycle of Bigotry, teach tolerance and love, respect and knowledge will overcome ignorance and hate, and yes that's not religious in base but these people use religion as a weapon against anything they do not agree with, and that's my issue with religion, as mentioned I cannot believe in a god who can condone hate jeliousy and abuse, jesus god or however you name him or her, must be a loving kindly forgiving god, if not why did jesus bother dying in the first place. plus only god can judge is that not what Christianity teaches, judge not lest ye be judged, again hugs god and goddess bless as ever........... Summer

Posted

I agree with you. That is why I chose Daniel as my middle name. The meaning of the name is 'Judged only by God." I agree too many people use religion as a way to put others down. Those are people that really don't know God at all. I don't have a religion, I have a faith. I can understand why people chose not to believe considering there are churches like Westboro out there. And I look to judge no one but myself. By looking at my own shortcomings I can work on those and become a better person..