Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

God is my strength

3 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I am not going to go into detail. My Dad fell the other day and was able to get to the phone and call me. I know it is only God being my strength that I was able to lift this 200 pound man up off the floor. He is doing ok now. A lot of pain his arms. He only wanted my help. I know he fears being put in a nursing home. And I will honor his wishes. I know God will give me the wisdom when he needs more. Say a prayer

1 person likes this

Posted

I will pray for you both.

:)

Posted

I am struggling with whether or not replying will upset you or not, Hawkman, but decided to anyway. I do not wish to upset you but must say this ... God did not help you pick up your father or help him up since I am sure you did not actually pick him up off the floor. Your love for your father did that. I am happy your father is doing better and I hope this brings the two of you closer together. And as far as wisdom, you either have it or you don't and wouldn't be waiting for God to give it to you all of a sudden. You will make your decisions dependant upon each circumstance and if your decisions are beneficial then you can thank God if you want. But thank God for being in your life as a whole and helping you be the good person you are. God does not help you make every decision you need to make you do that for yourself. You need to be responsible for the decisions you make wise or not. God will always be there for you, yes, but in a different sense I think.

Please forgive me if I sound harsh or somewhat anti-religious and if you really need to be so dependant upon God for everything you do then so be it don't let me pull you away from that.

Bonnie