Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Web site captca issue

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I went to login this morning and failed, tried the forgot password, followed the link sent to me but that failed with something about a token file. Finally I remembered my password but figured I would let this be known that there is (at least for me) an issue with the captca.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Karen -

I tried the "forgot password" link, but had no trouble with the captcha. I got the email advising how to reset my password. It's possible that there might have been a hiccup in the system when you were trying to sign in.

At the time, since I was already signed in as moderator using a Firefox browser, I launched Internet Explorer and signed in on my member account. I do not know if the browser might have made any difference or not - I didn't bother to try the "forgot password" link with Firefox. Which browser were you using?

If you have anymore problems, be sure to return to this thread, and let us know, because then, it would probably be something that Lori would need to look into to decide if the issue is with the software, server, or perhaps a cookie (or lack of) on your computer, etc.

-Mike

2 people like this

Posted

Hello Mike,

I doubt it's a browser issue, tried Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome on my computer then went to my iPad, used Safari, all three failed the captcha. Since I have more blonde in my hair now I thought that might had been the problem but not so as my eyesight is good and I am a computer programmer by trade. Any ways I am only reporting this because it seemed odd to have the captcha fail and then try to leave a message under contacts and that captcha failed along with indicating the process had issues reading the captcha token file.

2 people like this

Posted

I know just enough to get myself in trouble... :lol: Your computer-speak in your 2nd post is wayyyyyy over my little pea-brain!

Lori?!

2 people like this

Posted

I, also, am unable to replicate the error. Once my failing eyesight correctly guessed the *expletive deleted* characters, an e-mail was sent with instructions. I will do some more research though to see if I can find other reports from others who use this forum software.

2 people like this

Posted

Glad I wasn't the only one that had a little trouble with those *expletive deleted* captcha characters. I looked at one character today and wondered how the hell the creators expected me to type a "cross." I hate to admit it, but I sat there for a moment, completely at a loss. Then I tried to see the letter "T" that was just sorta "leaning over," but that didn't seem to look right either.

Alas, I was born with blonde hair (though it's darkened significantly over the years) and have no way in this case to lay blame to failing sight.... turned out that "leaning T" was actually an "X" !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-_-

3 people like this

Posted

I've seldom guessed the captcha characters correctly the first time. Being hard of hearing as well, I've never used the "audio" links provided by some sites. I just keep being bull-headed stubborn until something I can recognize shows up.

2 people like this

Posted

Seems we're all just headed up the creek.

Or maybe down the creek?

Hmmmm... dunno which way. But up or down, it's obvious it's without any paddles! :lol:

2 people like this

Posted

Had to try the Captcha several times. Finally got it when I used upper as well as lower cases along with no spaces.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, Monica... welcome to TGG.

Maybe this is also part of the problem. On some captchas it doesn't matter, upper or lower case. Perhaps it makes a difference on the one we have.

2 people like this