3 posts in this topic

Posted

Mitch Kellaway | June 02 2014 3:01 PM ET

"Being misgendered after death "sends a message, really a pretty strong signal to the rest of the community, that your wishes around your gender, your identity, your life as this person, who you are doesn’t matter and can be completely erased once you’re not here to stand up for yourself," Ilona Turner, legal director for the Transgender Law Center, told The California Report." --advocate.com

Calif. Assembly Passes Bill to Respect Trans People’s Gender on Death Certificates

Posted

http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2014/09/28/new-law-gives-trans-californians-respect-after-death

2 people like this

Posted

I think the article could have been expanded a lot more. It left me with many questions. For instance; I don't dress female 24/7, publicly I am male, privately I am female or crossdresser or whatever you want to label me as. What if I wanted to be presented at the funeral home and then entombed dressed female in my favourite wig and clothes including makeup and jewelry how would it be indicated on any form? I guess my will would be the place to do that. How would this law change exactly? Would there be new blocks added to the form - Male; Female; Transgender Male; Transgender Female.?

1 person likes this