Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Serenity : (22 November 2014 - 02:16 PM) Hello
MonicaPz : (22 November 2014 - 11:12 AM) Worth a look!  There is several versions and you can make your own.  Also, check out "behind the scenes" . . .
UsernameOpti... : (22 November 2014 - 09:53 AM) :lol:
CharityLynnC... : (22 November 2014 - 09:10 AM) http://www.elfyourse...?mId=61745695.3 look im an elf breakdancing...lol
MonicaPz : (21 November 2014 - 07:05 PM) Think the young man is a really good comic!
TechCherry3g : (21 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day.
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:39 AM) <p>Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?</p>https://www.youtube....h?v=9vN7mtQltgI
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:38 AM) Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:25 PM) hi every one how are u all doing
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:24 PM) hi ohw are ou all
UsernameOpti... : (20 November 2014 - 06:03 PM) It would be nice if the next TDOR had no new names on it...and that one day, there will be no need for that very somber event.
Serenity : (20 November 2014 - 02:35 PM) Hello people, I came back after for a long disappearence
Tellme : (20 November 2014 - 10:29 AM) Hi new here would like to chat In see what happens
Bonnie : (20 November 2014 - 04:53 AM) Today is Transgender Remembrance Day.  Please give a thought and/or a prayer for those who have died through violence or suicide.
TechCherry3g : (19 November 2014 - 03:51 PM) HI
Sprinkles75 : (18 November 2014 - 11:57 PM) hello all ... :) just wanted to say hi
TechCherry3g : (18 November 2014 - 08:35 PM) Hello
MichelleDT : (18 November 2014 - 12:27 PM) Hello all
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:17 PM) I've been transdermal estradiol and anti androgen fo 7 mos
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:16 PM) Hi folks  newbie here - Had a question re: my HRT

Letter to the Girl I Used to Be

Ethan Smith transgender transmen poet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
Mitch Kellaway | May 29 2014 4:46 PM ET
"In the poem, Smith invites listeners into a private conversation between his former female self and the man he has now grown to be. He poignantly discusses feelings of not wanting to live past 11 years old, to which his audience has responded with gratitude and heartbreak."  --advocate.com

Poet Performs Powerful 'Letter to the Girl I Used to Be' (w/Video)

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Dawn13

Dawn13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:I love history, Indian lore, hiking, ballet and modern dancing, sketching, visiting battlefields, doing genealogy, collecting coins, stamps, rocks and traveling all over the world.
You know something - our thoughts are a lot alike, just coming from a different direction.  The issue is we can never separate the what we were, from the who we are.  We can only build or grow on it. I just wish gender did not exist.  I love to wear dresses so why should I have fear when I wish to wear them.  I do crave acceptance but it may be impossible to ask or expect.  The very system that provides order also represses.  Dawn
Dawn

Gaining insights about my real me feelings.
Looking for friends who understand - Recently returned to the USA after living in Germany

MonicaPz

MonicaPz

• Moderators
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Am a GG Lesbian with an open mind. Have had many TG friends when I lived in Florida. Exploring art and photography. Enjoy coffee houses with live music. Visit museums and art galleries.
Was deeply moved by Mitch's powerful poem.  Related to it even though I am a cisgender woman in that in the aging process, I am a very different person, physically and emotionally, than the person I was even ten years ago, and especially compared to my adolescent self.  Mitch is a handsome man, and his eyes remind me of John F. Kennedy.

EmmaSweet

EmmaSweet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, learning new things, reading, sharing experiences with friends.
I also enjoyed Ethan's poem and especially Ethan himself. He sounds like he's taking a very healthy look at himself and I can't help but admire him for that, especially for one so young.  

I don't hate my male self either, don't feel like I was born in the "wrong body." Although I have often wished I was born in a female body.  :rolleyes:

Emma
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life" – Steve Jobs

"If you want to change the future, start living as if you're already there" – Lynn Conway

"Find out who you are and do it on purpose" - Dolly Parton

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ethan Smith, transgender, transmen, poet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users