Name change question

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

When I joined I used Karen for my first name which is my female name and Gallagher for my last name which is my real last name.

In February of 2015 after SRS (in January) I am legally changing my last name from Gallagher to Payne.

So my question is, does the forum allow the change from KarenGallagher to KarenPayne for a user name?

2 people like this

Posted

Yes... we can change it for you.

Would like it changed now... or would you like to wait until January?

-Mike

2 people like this

Posted

Definitely no problem on the name change. Just let us me or Mike know when you would like that change made.

2 people like this

Posted

Definitely no problem on the name change. Just let us me or Mike know when you would like that change made.

Thanks, I am thinking the week prior to surgery in January. Will let you know at that time.

2 people like this

Posted

I always like to know why people chose their name. Why did you choose Karen and why Payne?

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

I always like to know why people chose their name. Why did you choose Karen and why Payne?

Bonnie

​Hi Bonnie, somehow I missed this.

Karen came about 40 years ago, just felt right. Payne, I teach self-defense, empty hand tactics more than anything. I came out to my students and said I would also be changing my last name but had not decided yet what it would be. One student said "Pain", I asked why? He said because I was the "Giver of pain", lots of heads nodded. I thought about it for a while and thought it sounded good.

3 people like this

Posted

Dear Karen,

Coincidentally, my best friend in Brooklyn, her last name is Payne.  Yvonne Payne.

Like your name a lot!

Your friend,

Monica

2 people like this

Posted

I will tell you how I chose mine.  My full name is Bonnie Dawn Ryba - BDR.  My male name initials are also BDR.  My male first name is Scottish and so is Bonnie.  Bonnie was the first girl I liked as a friend when I was about 5 or 6.  She was the sister of one of the boys who I knew or one of my younger brothers knew.  I liked being with her.  It was on a military base in Germany so we weren't there for long (3 years).  When we moved back to Canada I never did see her again but I always remembered her and so I use her name.  I chose Dawn because it is the beginning of a new day.  Ryba was chosen from a list of names that came up after I entered Bonnie as a first name on the virtual reality site called Second Life.  Ryba began with R like my real name and it had 4 letters like my real name.  I found out later that it means 'fish' in Polish and that didn't bother me at all.

3 people like this