Read This Today

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Does Your Church Welcome LGBTQ People?

by Cristan Williams

I hold the church personally responsible for any LGBTQ person who walks away from God and Christianity. Every week, I get emails from individuals all across the country who are full of desire to be a part of a church. They want to go on the church-wide mission trip, join the choir, serve in the youth group and attend a small group.

These are people who long to serve God, connect with other Christians and be a part of a wider community.

Here’s the heartbreaking part: they write me because the church won’t let them do those things and they don’t know what to do. Their church has found out they are LGBTQ and because of this are no longer welcome to join in these church activities they long to be a part of.

- See more at: http://www.believeou...h.Kl8NtFFj.dpuf

2 people like this

Posted

Sad indeed.

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

You do not need a church to be all God would have you to be. I have not attended church for years, but I do believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. And I know that without Christ in my life, I would have no life. I do not need some religious sect telling me how to live or who to be. I have the Bible that tells me all I need o know.

2 people like this

Posted

"... I do not need some religious sect telling me how to live or who to be. I have the Bible that tells me all I need to know." - Hawkman

Seems contradictory to me.

Regarding your point on going to church though I do agree there. I don't say never to go because it is social and the priest or minister often talk about things for a person to think about which is not a bad thing. However, you can talk to God anywhere and anytime and you don't have to go to church to do that.

Bonnie

3 people like this

Posted

Although I'm not religious, that is still sad. Wish people could just live & let live... and be done with it.

Wanna really rock the world? All the LGBTQ folks should just start their own church... the mormons did it less than 200 years ago. :)

2 people like this