Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gender-bending fairy doll sparks outrage in Argentina

4 posts in this topic

Posted

A fairy doll that has a female body with male genitalia has sparked outrage in Argentina.

The toy came to note after a mother shared pictures of it on Facebook, after her three-year-old was playing with it.

In addition to having long hair, a dress, make-up and fairy wings, peeking under its clothes reveals a bulge in the shape of male genitalia.

It is not known whether the extra feature of the doll – which was made in China and sold in a discount shop – was intentional, or whether it is a manufacturing defect...

Read more: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/12/22/gender-bending-fairy-doll-sparks-outrage-in-argentina/

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm, the "bulge" didn't look very substantial or intentionally-male to me! I guess I like it that a child could fantasize about it. But with or without that extra feature how many parents would buy it for their sons? I wanted a Barbie way back when but asked for a GI Joe because I was sure the Barbie would be a no-no. I was correct since they also rejected the GI Joe idea, saying that girls play with dolls, not boys. But hey, that was more than 50 years ago!

1 person likes this

Posted

"However, conservative groups are afraid that it could be ‘influencing’ the sexuality of children." --pinknews.co.uk

Did all the members of conservative groups not attend school? Or, do they all have learning and comprehension disabilities? What will it take to get them to learn and understand that you can't *make* someone gay or bi or trans?

Additionally, as Emma pointed out, what's being called male genitalia doesn't look substantial or even intentional. In fact to me, it looks like excess plastic that escaped the mold and then was not trimmed off during assembly. But it's hard to tell by the pic.

I did an image search for this doll to see if I could find some larger/better images in hopes that what I found could substantiate my view that it's just slag material that wasn't cleaned off, because I truly believe that no corner of this world has evolved to a point where a "gender-bending" doll could be [intentionally] manufactured without portions of society going ballistic. But it seems that the only images coming up on google are the same images in this news article. That makes me believe this is one of those cases where one person has "raised the alarm" and has found like-minded dummies to help make a big deal out of nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jeez-oh-Pete's-sake! It's not even close enough to the front! But, there are those who always make something from nothing. I hope this dies of its own accord and soon.

1 person likes this