Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Atlantic: "Learning to Talk Like a Woman"

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Not only a nice article but also underscores how much more transgender topics are being covered in mainstream media in a natural, affirmative light:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/01/learning-to-talk-like-a-woman/384519/

What a gorgeous day it is! (You'll understand why I said this after reading the article... :D )

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

Cool article! Thanks for sharing :)

My voice is the number 1 thing that I think gives me away. I once brought up the idea of coaching with a friend who replied, "why would you want to be fake?" Which was bewildering to me at the time. I tend to think that with enough practice anything becomes natural. I've recorded myself talking as a sort of journal since the beginning of my transition and it is really interesting to compare the then and now.

As someone who is self taught those are really interesting tips! I will definitely be paying attention to my vowels the next time I play back a recording.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mikah, you aren't the only one ! I'm so sick of getting "Sired" on the phone !

2 people like this

Posted

"What a goooorgeous daaaay it is!

And it really is a gorgeous day here today. Nice big fluffy snow flakes falling softly to the ground covering everything in a lovely winter white blanket.

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

Hahaha! It's glorious here too. No snow, about 68 degrees, nice warm sun. I'm going to take a bike ride soon for a couple of hours... :)

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

I am going to get the huskies out and hook them up to the sled and go for a drive. Just kidding. However a woman where I used to work had approached me one day after seeing some of my pencil drawings and asked me if I could do a drawing of her 6 huskies which she did sled run. She lived just outside of the city. I did do the drawing and she really liked it.

Bonnie

post-156-0-21716400-1424585304_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, aren't stereotypes fun? We're heading up to Marin later to sit in the hot tub and sip wine spritzers... Just kidding, too.

I'd love to see your drawings (really). Why don't you post some in your gallery?

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

The news article was interesting. It reminded me of when I took a course in Spanish and the difficulty I had in speaking the sentences that we had to learn. And to form the words properly, the stress was on the vowels. But patience prevailed.

3 people like this