Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Man Alive: A True Story of Violence, Forgiveness and Becoming a Man"

1 post in this topic

Posted

I caught part of an interview with McBee on NPR the other day and noted the title of the book to investigate when I had time as I was very interested in what he had to say. Now that I have had a moment I've added it to my Amazon cart. To me it looks like an excellent read for anyone, TG or not.

"Thomas Page McBee’s Man Alive hurtled through my life. I read it in a matter of hours. It’s a confession, it’s a poem, it's a time warp, it’s a brilliant work of art. I bow down to McBee—his humility, his sense of humor, his insightfulness, his structural deftness, his ability to put into words what is often said but rarely, with such visceral clarity and beauty, communicated."—Heidi Julavits, author of The Vanishers and The Uses of Enchantment

"Man Alive engages an extraordinary personal story to tell a universal one—how we all struggle to create ourselves, and how this struggle often requires risks. Far from a transgender transition tell-all, Man Alive grapples with the larger questions of legacy and forgiveness, love and violence, agency and invisibility."

2 people like this