Lashes!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

OK, so this isn't a really serious topic, but it's about something that bugs me about myself. My eyelashes. I have short, thin lashes. I tried just about every mascara or combination of mascaras out there. I also wear false natural looking lashes sometimes, but it's another hassle that I don't need. One thing I really envy is when I see a woman with really long, beautiful, thick lashes. I have been thinking about Latisse or lash implants for a long time. Latisse is a prescription and you have to use it for life or you lose the growth. It's also somewhat expensive. Implants sound kind of scary. Has anyone tried either?

2 people like this

Posted

Krista , I have a friend who just did a report on the health effects of eyelash extensions . First there are concerns as I'm told that the chemicals can have side affects . Second , they're NOT as lasting as some want you to believe Now, There is a Mascara I use on occasion called Lash xtrme The product is sold through distributors . You apply an adhesive primer , then the fiber lashes . Both use Mascara brushes . Uh, they work so so . Try a Mascara with a curved brush before you try the other product .

2 people like this

Posted

Kristi, krista, close enough:))) I haven't used Lash xtrme, but I do use other mascaras with lengthening fibers. I currently use Illegal Lengths along with a volumizing and curling mascara. My lashes are very straight and won't hold a curl well. One of the best curling mascaras that I've used is Supercurl by Urban Decay.

Do you know of anyone that has tried lash implants? I'd be interested in how that turned out:)))

Thanks for you comment :)

2 people like this

Posted

Kristila , I was going to. Meanwhile , a lady I am friends with at Face Book who is also a reporter ran a decent story last couple of days on the health drawbacks . That was enough to send me to a pharmacy where I picked up a clearance line Mascara with a curved brush .

2 people like this

Posted

The health drawbacks on the fiber mascara? I do know that it occasionally irritates my eyes when a fiber gets int them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not so much the mascara as the so called "Permanent " lash extensions .

1 person likes this

Posted

FWIW: you have a gorgeous picture...and your eyes look great

2 people like this