Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Book recommendation

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi AllI have just finished reading My Husband Betty by Helen Boyd.What a great book. I would really recommend it to everyone here (crossdressers, trans* folk AND their significant others).It really helped me understand my wife's feelings a lot better.I have written a more comprehensive recommendation here: https://daniellaargento.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/book-recomendation-my-husband-betty/?fb_action_ids=1567174846882685&fb_action_types=news.publishes&fb_ref=pub-standard

Happy reading

3 people like this

Posted

Hi Dani,

Thank you for your posts, here and on your blog site. Now, I'm intrigued to read it too and I hope you will continue to write blogs about what you read, both recommended and not.

One thing that resonated with me in your blog post is how we transwomen may say that we know what it is to be a woman "inside" but how really can we ever know that? When I first came out to my wife about six months ago that was what I told her. In hindsight I think I needed to say it and feel that way to justify my own validity. But as weeks passed and emotions calmed it dawned on me that although I feel my own femininity and it is valid in its own right, as much as I would like to think that I think like a woman I will never know that. I also discussed this with my therapist (who is male). He agreed, saying that after all, none of us can know what it is to be anyone else, male or female.

That's it for now and thanks again for your return to our little oasis.

Emma

4 people like this

Posted

Could not agree more Emma in regards to 'thinking'.

4 people like this

Posted

Has anyone here read the two books by Booby Thompson or her husband . Bobby wrote , My Husband looks better in Lingerie than I damnit . Her Husband wrote the book Caught in the Middle . These folks aren't Cross Dressers . Alania I a Female now . recomend both. In addition Y book, Community in Transition is specially priced for April , AUTORAPHED , 20.00

2 people like this

Posted

Dear Friends,

As I age, I feel less a woman on the inside and more of a human being on the inside. Of course, I have always felt I was a spiritual being/soul wearing a body rather than a body with a soul/spirit on the inside.

Perhaps the veil is getting thinner as I age and my health problems increase! LOL!

Yours truly,

Monica

4 people like this

Posted

Ellen: thanks very much for recommending those books by Bobbie Thompson and Alana Sholar (Bobbie's transwoman wife). They look excellent and I will certainly add them to my reading list. (I'm one of those who can never have too many books on my list!) And I have read and enjoyed your Community in Transition, and enjoyed it immensely.

Monica: I know what you mean, what "is it" to be a man or woman on the inside? Perhaps only people who are taking the hormones (and maybe the surgery(s)) and have experienced life on both sides of the mountain can know. But even then I dare them to communicate it in a way that those who have not followed that path will understand. All I know is that the more that I travel this journey the better I feel, more genuine, more like I wish I'd had the courage and wherewithal to have done this a very long time ago. Better late than never, though, that's for sure!

Take care, both of you,

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

Dear Emma,

It is one of those "ineffable" (can not put it into words) moments. It is like a human asking how a fish can breathe under water, and a fish asking a human how they can breathe in the air. It is like a Caucasian asking what it is like to live as a Black, and a Black asking a Caucasian what it is like to be living as a Caucasian. And the list goes on . . .

The solution is to look inwardly into the heart . . .

Your friend,

Monica

Posted

Just got this book in the mail. Plan on starting it tomorrow ! :)

3 people like this