Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fired for Refusing to Wear 'Women's Clothes'

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Mitch Kellaway | April 14 2015 2:55 PM ET

"When Broussard then refused to sign the document stating that his "preference to act and dress as male" was not "in compliance with Tower Loan's personnel policies," he was fired. His suit claims that he faced sex discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In December, the Department of Justice clarified that employer discrimination against gender identity is, indeed, a form of "sex discrimination" prohibited by Title VII." --advocate.com

Fired for Refusing to Wear 'Women's Clothes,' Louisiana Trans Man Files Suit (with video)

I wonder if they intended to also make him shave. I mean, surely someone thought of this - that it might look strange to have this bearded guy walking around in a dress. Would they consider trying to make him grow his hair out? Perhaps pluck and shape his eyebrows? Maybe wear make-up and nail polish? After all... those are all normally recognized as female trappings.

I know it might have been EXTREMELY uncomfortable, but he should have gone to work the next day in a dress. Picture it (as Sophia on "The Golden Girls" always said): a guy with an obviously male-styled haircut, beard, sideburns, moustache, 'pit hair, wooly legs, flat chest, and packing... stuffed in a sleeveless business-like dress.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

You know, Mike, my first inclination is to agree with you, that he should have gone to work wearing a sleeveless dress and heels. But overall, I think it's better to take and hold the moral high ground. I think he's right to refuse to wear clothing that doesn't conform to his masculine gender. He's a man, they need to get used to it.

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

Michael, I've been fired , yes , a couple of times for appearing "Too Female" looking . Once was a grocery store, the time before that a large Towing outfit . I guess that is why I got fed up and restarted my own company .

2 people like this