Bruce Jenner comes out as transgender, says 'I am a woman'

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Apr 25, 8:47 AM (ET)

By DAVID BAUDER

(exerpt)

For the transgender community, it was a moment as significant as Ellen DeGeneres' coming out as a lesbian was for gays nearly 20 years ago. DeGeneres tweeted support to Jenner, saying the former Olympian was "saving lives and opening minds."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150425/us--tv-abc-jenner-f9ce124b79.html

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, Bruce did and right in the first 10 minutes confirmed that being Transgender STARTS IN THE BRAIN ! My goodness people , been trying to get this lesson across for years !

3 people like this

Posted

Bruce Jenner: My brain is more female than male

Apr 25, 12:02 AM (ET)

By DAVID BAUDER

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150425/us--tv-abc-jenner-b3512af10c.html

3 people like this

Posted

Nearly 17 million watch Jenner interview

Apr 25, 3:19 PM (ET)

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150425/us-tv-abc-jenner-ratings-3454654f60.html

3 people like this

Posted

Isn't that great!!! 17M viewers seeing Bruce and Diane repeatedly state that sex does not equal gender, AND, gender does not equate to sexual orientation. That level of media coverage is priceless.

And you know what? The networks SAW how much audience this brought. I have no doubt we will soon be seeing a flood of other shows discussing topics-transgender. It's gonna be fun to watch TV again. :-)

Emma

3 people like this

Posted

Emma , I'm CONVINCED that people like myself can educate a few at a time to accept medical fact . For years , I have been downloading textbooks , notes and findings from therapists concerning Transgender and the operation of the brain . I also have been HEAVILY involved in the study of the now BANNED Birthing Chemical , D E S and it's HORRIFIC effects on the brain .

2 people like this

Posted

Ellen,

I attended a lecture at Stanford on Friday by an Israeli neuroscientist who seemed to disprove there is any discernible difference between male and female brains, both by sex and by gender. She and I have been having an email interchange since then and I expect to publish a blog post soon on this.

I believe she was sincerely trying to find a difference, but she could not. And, she took that to say that there is no difference and that gender is only a social construct. I am convinced that she is wrong and that just because she cannot find a difference that doesn't mean that there is no difference. What it means is that current technology or understanding of the brain is insufficient to discern the difference(s).

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm, good thing I wasn't there . You would have seen a floor fight .

2 people like this

Posted

Perhaps an old testament agenda? There seem to be sufficient studies to the contrary...

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/hormonal/brain_sex_diff.htm

3 people like this

Posted

Emma , first time I heard of a Transgender brain, I was watching Law and Order. Yeah, I know , television isn't the place to learn medical science . Two weeks later , I saw a medical report out of UC Berkley that confirmed everything

2 people like this

Posted

Ellen,

I'm not sure what is meant by "transgender brain." Might you be able to post that article from UC Berkeley?

Thanks,

Emma

1 person likes this

Posted

Emma , I'm really busy now . I'll see what I can do to find it .

2 people like this

Posted

Ellen Degeneres sums it up very well in a short video clip from her show: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/04/ellen-degeneres-bruce-jenner_n_7206104.html?utm_hp_ref=transgender

1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't want to start a separate thread on a relatively similar subject, but it struck me as interesting to pursue.  Caitlyn is trying to raise the pitch of her voice which runs afoul of GG's who are trying to lower their voices in order to be taken more seriously by men in a business environment.  Bringing the trans experience into the light of the cis world will bring up some interesting and unexpected "wait what?'s".

'I Am Cait' recap: It's all fun and games until someone calls you oblivious

Christie D'Zurilla

"I Am Cait" leaned a little catty in its second episode, with Caitlyn Jenner cast in the role of the pretty party girl who doesn't realize how easy she's had it.

Out publicly as a transgender woman for only about two weeks, Jenner is worried about the sound of her voice. "That can out you any time," she says. "You look great, you look fabulous and then" -- she drops her pitch as far as it will go -- "YOU OPEN UP YOUR VOICE."

Seeking feminine tips from Kim Kardashian and her pal Malika Haqq, Caitlyn is urged, among other things, to learn to eat like a lady. And after noting that her stepdad's voice "isn't that deep" to start with, the often baby-voiced Kim urges Caitlyn to try out voices that are "just a little higher." She also hits the buzzer on Cait's attempt to sound like a woman in a faux phone conversation.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-i-am-cait-recap-20150803-story.html#page=1

1 person likes this