Jenners ex-wife speaks in support

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Linda Thompson

Actress, Songwriter, Television Personality

How Living With and Loving Bruce Jenner Changed My Life Forever

04/24/2015 10:59 pm EDT

By now, Bruce Jenner has revealed his struggle with gender dysphoria.

I never would have dared to speak on this issue before he was comfortable enough to do so first. It is, after all, his truth, so I knew he should be afforded the dignity to reveal that truth on his own time and in the way he sees fit.

I have respectfully kept his secrets private and would have taken his confidences to my grave had he not spoken out.

But now, many years into his remarkable life, he has spoken out. His legacy will likely be sprinkled with references like "Olympian," "decathlon gold medalist," "world's greatest athlete," "son," "brother," "husband," "father," "grandfather," "friend," and, hopefully, "pioneer" and "trailblazer for the civil rights of the transgender community."

http://www.huffingto..._b_7080918.html

2 people like this

Posted

Bruce Jenner's three ex-wives weigh in

Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY 10:22 a.m. EDT April 27, 2015

Bruce Jenner is seen for the first time in February 2014 after his reported Adam's apple operation. Jenner was filming "Keeping up with the Kardashians." (Photo: Clint Brewer, Splash News)

635657251054984671-BRUCE-J.JPG

(Photo: ABC News)

8 CONNECT 14 TWEETLINKEDIN 7 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Bruce Jenner's first wife, Chrystie Crownover, says that her husband first told her wanted to be a woman in 1972.

"I can't remember the exact words because it was such a shock, but he opened up and confessed, said Crownover, who is now Chrystie Scott, in an interview with Good Morning America on Monday. "Understandably, I was speechless. I was really pleased that he shared that intimacy with me, that he trusted me with his deepest, darkest secret."

She went on to say that she grappled with the news at first.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/04/27/bruce-jenner-wife-chrystie-linda-kris/26443939/

1 person likes this

Posted

Louganis contemplates his, fellow Olympian Jenner's journeys

Jul 31, 12:43 AM (ET)
By LYNN ELBER

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Greg Louganis said he was unaware of fellow Olympian Bruce Jenner's gender identity struggle when their paths crossed at the Summer 1976 Games and in later years.

The diving great, among the first prominent athletes to come out as gay, said Thursday he has yet to speak with the now-Caitlyn Jenner but can appreciate what she's going through.

"We all have our journeys. Whether you're gay, straight, bisexual, transgender, we all have our own journeys," Louganis, 55, told reporters during a Q&A session on the HBO documentary "Greg Louganis: Back on Board," debuting Tuesday.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150731/us--tv_critics-greg_louganis-367bc9d80c.html

2 people like this