I feel like a guy, but i believe in God...

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Im a 15 year old, and I've been struggling to admit that i feel like a male. My close friends know and my parents recently found my binder. They now hate me, and apparently so does God. How do I stay true to myself, when everything i have ever been told, have ever believed goes against it?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hello Mikey... and welcome to TGG.

First, I don't think your parents hate you.  They might be surprised.  Maybe upset.  They don't know how to process what's going on.  And then of course, there's the whole "teenagers-and-parents-are-like-oil-and-water" thing.  Least ways, I hope that's all it is.  If you've been struggling to admit your true identity to yourself, imagine how they feel - they've been thinking for 15 years that they had a little girl!

As for God... well, if there is a God, and he created all things, he created you.  Since he created you, I seriously doubt he hates you.  Though there are people who would have you believe that.  In reality, when someone tells you or makes you feel that God hates you, that is simply them hating you and using God to hide behind.  You can identify as a man, and still believe in God.  There are many religious gay and trans people.  There are a number of religious people on this board.  And... look at the title of the forum you just posted in.

If your school has a LGBT group, or a Gay/Straight alliance or something... maybe you could join.  I doubt you are the only trans or gender non-conforming kid in your school.  Might be helpful if you could meet other kids.  And then of course, until you can find something local that you can get to... you found TG Guide. Lots of good people here, and enough topics and blogs to keep you reading until you graduate.  Okay... maybe not that much reading...but there's a good deal of stuff here.

-Michael

Edited by UsernameOptional
3 people like this

Posted

Dear Mikey,

Good for you to come here and express yourself. You are real, accepted, loved, and created in God's image, and you always will be. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through all this stress with your parents... that has to be very hard. Like Michael wrote, they are probably a little shocked and concerned. Part of it is fear of the unknown. Eventually we can hope that they will come to see that Mikey is, at his core, the child they love and a wonderful person in his own right. Which you are.

Also, as Michael wrote, you are more than welcome to explore around here to your hearts content. Maybe even start your own blog if you'd like. TG Guide is a safe place, a community of people who support each other. 

Hugs.

Emma

3 people like this

Posted

First, as others have said, your parents do not hate you.  They just do not understand.  And God does not hate you either.  I am a born again, Christian, transman.  I struggled with the same things you are struggling with now.  In fact, I prayed constantly for 2 years before I transitioned.  Wanting to stay in God's will for my life.  I knew I was male from the day I ever had a thought.  I also have always had a very strong belief in and relationship with God.  You don't have to give up on God to be who you are.  I do belief that being trans is a birth defect.  Just like a child born with any disability.  One Bible story that I used when dealing with my parents years ago, is the story of the potter and the clay.  It's a story that most will use against you.  but if you read the end, it says, " and God remade the clay into something good." 

2 people like this

Posted

Mikey, you may wish to go to R O S M Y . Org, Richmond Organization for Sexual Minority Youth here in Richmond Virginia . Shoot a letter to a Beth Panellas . tell her I SENT YOU  .

ROSMY won't have all the answers . I won't have many as I'm way older and a trans woman and I grew up in an era where we were locked up for wanting to transition . I don't mind sharing any resources I have here , Richmond Virginia .

As for God hating you , NO , I strongly disagree ! God made us all, and that includes we Trans people too ! It took me YEARS to find an accepting church and at age 64, I believe I have .

3 people like this

Posted

Hello Mikey and welcome to the site. No, God doesn't hate you. You are created as you are. I have been a Christian for over 40 years and came out 10 years ago. God loves me still the same.

:D

3 people like this