Professional Voice

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, I'm still struggling with my voice, and I've been strongly considering to visit a professional voice expect, but the problem is I don't know if there is anything like that?

Is there someone who can help you archive your feminin voice?

Can you get an online course?

I've been googling, but I suck at google and I always turn up empty handed.

Have a great day :)

2 people like this

Posted

The best method is to locate a certified, licensed speech pathologist in your area and if one can not be found my guess it is hit or miss with various online training. In my area there are few and far between who actually have worked with trans* while there are several apps out and DVD you can purchase by searching the web (which I just did).

For me, I decided to start out with a guitar tuner called PitchLab for the iPhone which is a great start where I work towards a C# tone and record my voice with and without changing my pitch. It takes persistence and someone else for evaluating me.

I think with the little work I have done my voice is passable and that might be from persistence or that my voice was never very deep. Any ways that is the best I have to offer, wish I had more to offer.

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks, I want to try and find a speech pathologist, but it seems there is not many in Denmark who works with transgenders.

I had the feeling it might be a hit or miss with online traning, so I'll look into another option.

I guess I'll look around a little for some good DVD's and see if I can come up with any kind of help, else I'll be looking more into a speech Pathologist, very much thank you :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've been playing around with pitchlap, and I can hold my voice at a steady C# it's still pretty hard..

But I must be doing something terrible wrong because for me atleast I sound like...

I can't even describe it :)

Editted: Actully I think I've gotten it now I still find it hard to use since it likes to jump around pitches.

But I think I'm getting somewhere I just when I reach around c my voice sounds so very high, and whenever I lower it it goes so deep

Edited by Crissiesan
2 people like this

Posted

Yes you may sound strange so lower your voice a tad and work slowly up to the C# and if it's still an issue try working towards B flat. Other than that it's a therapist task to work out the kinks.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes thank you for the advices I'll get straight to praticing :)

2 people like this

Posted

I already checked it out, but I don't have too much money for spend on it

2 people like this

Posted

In regards to a guitar tuner, they work for some of us but not all of us. I used one called PitchLab (free for Android and iPhone) which I mentioned in my initial reply. With this one can practice hitting C#4 but just because it can be obtained does not mean it will sound correct which lies the problem of this suggestion. Knowing my limits of sustaining a perfect C#4 I elected to go to B Flat which works great for me so there is the other alternative is to go to a comfortable place and compliment that with female gesturing and mannerisms.

Of course this will not work for everyone so hence back to a voice coach if one can be found and remember her saying she could not find one. 

2 people like this

Posted

I actually met a danish transgender online, on a daiting site (Where you can also look for friends) 

And we chatted a lot, so she invited me over to her house this friday till sunday so she would try to help me out with the voice, since I am getting to frustrated when I practice.

So, I hope she can help me out a bit and show me the way, so I can practice properly :) 

3 people like this