10 posts in this topic

Posted

Trudy Ring | May 21 2015 9:04 PM ET
"“Today Josh Duggar made the decision to resign his position as a result of previously unknown information becoming public concerning events that occurred during his teenage years,” FRC president Tony Perkins wrote in a statement posted on the home pages of both FRC and FRC Action. “Josh believes that the situation will make it difficult for him to be effective in his current work. We believe this is the best decision for Josh and his family at this time. We will be praying for everyone involved.”"  --advocate.com

Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations

I've always felt that TLC should have canned that show years ago when it was discovered that this family might have been a part of the "Quiverfull" movement.  In my opinion, they should DEFINITELY cancel this show now, and never allow any previously aired show to be seen again.  That's what they did with "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo."  What's good for the goose, is good for the gander!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

The Family Research Council is despicable at best. They hide behind self-righteousness and try to stir up fear with their gross misrepresentations and outright lies. How many times does this have to happen before the larger society realizes that these types of churches and religious organizations don't really hold the key to morality. 

But next week they will be clutching their bibles, as if they are the official spokesmen of God, railing against transgender people who need to use the restroom.

Edited by Lori
4 people like this

Posted

Well, well, well.

:mellow:

3 people like this

Posted

"Well, well, well."  --Gennee
LOL!  There's a show on the cable channel ID called "Lt. Joe Kenda: Homocide Hunter."  He seems to have a dry, wry sense of humour.  Occasionally, when things turn out as he suspected from the very beginning (or if something is not surprising), he will say, "my, my, my."  Ya kill me, Gennee!

Not only did it blow my mind that these people have been sitting on this while they have preached their BS and condemned trans people... Tony Perkins seems (based on his response in this article) totally unconcerned about the fact that Duggar had acted sexually inappropriately, but seemed to simply agree that Duggar would not be able to do his job without the distraction caused by all the attention arising from this issue.  It leaves me to believe that had Duggar not resigned, he'd still be with FRC.

Seems to me the FIRST thing Perkins and any of his cronies should have been thinking was, do I want this guy around my children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and all their little friends?   Next concern should have been, that they don't want someone representing them who violates all they claim to stand for.

It sounds like they want to excuse this as Duggar having been "only a child" when this occurred, stressing that this happened 12 years ago, and that they prayed the pervert away.  He was 15.  There have been 15 year old kids charged as adults in some crimes because it was determined that they knew exactly what they were doing.  In a family that has churned out a new bigot every 1.6 years (on average), I can hardly believe that Josh Duggar was totally ignorant of sex and what is right, wrong, acceptable, unacceptable.  I also don't believe that he "confessed his sins" to his parents.  I think the little $#!*@$-+=! got caught!

As an aside... according to one tabloid-like source, Mama June Shannon has already threatened a lawsuit if TLC doesn't cancel "19 Kids and Counting."

1 person likes this

Posted

I've already caused a big stir on Faceless Book over this . Once again we Transpeople are again vindicated ! Sorry to the Bible pounders , but it couldn't happen to a more Pious POS!

1 person likes this

Posted

Good riddance to him! People who live in glass houses etc. 

personally, I wouldn't want to use the same bathroom as HIM - but that's an argument for another day. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You gotta read this, from Huff Post: 

I have always wanted a Porsche. A sleek, sexy, sports car in cherry red with a custom dark champagne leather interior. That's what I want. I cannot afford to buy one, but I have a plan. There is a local dealer that I have been watching and I know where he keeps the keys. Tonight, around two or three a.m., when no one is watching, I am going to sledgehammer my way through the dealership door, grab a key and ... before you know it, I will be home with my brand new baby humming in the garage!

19 Hypocrisies and Counting

Edited by EmmaSweet
2 people like this

Posted

I wasn't gonna say anymore on this... but, since we're still on the subject of hypocrisy --

I read an article yesterday that a part of Daddy Dugger's platform while running for U.S. Senate in 2002, was that rape and incest should be punishable by death.

Imagine that!

:blink:

1 person likes this

Posted

Hahaha! I'll bet that's made for great Thanksgiving family conversations! 

2 people like this

Posted

A sexual assault or any case registered against a man or m to f ttg person is always going to hunt down on the person involved. It is in best interest to wipe off the case or avoid being tagged in court of law for future reference to travel to whatever etc!