Amy Fox on the world's first Transgender Sitcom

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all!

When I came to the big city I always knew that I wanted to use my craft to make a difference. For a long time how to do that was unclear but recently I was given the opportunity to be a part of an incredibly groundbreaking project shooting in Vancouver.

"The Switch" is a transgender sitcom. The first of it's kind of be cast with trans people, about trans people and written from the perspective of trans people.

We wrapped shooting just over a week ago and it is slated to be out on TV this fall. Xtra Magazine was on our set and did some interviews with our cast. Check it out! Amy Fox is a great trans advocate in Vancouver and has spent the past 5 years turning this project into a reality.

http://www.dailyxtra.com/vancouver/arts-and-entertainment/film-and-video/video-set-groundbreaking-new-trans-tv-show-the-switch-107896

That's me in the background behind the camera with the pigtails :)

All in all it was a wonderful thing to be a part of. Not being the only trans person on set was amazing enough - but to actually be able to relate to characters and the stories being told... it almost brought me to tears on a few occasions.

I thought y'all might like to hear about it!

7 people like this

Posted

WAY TO GO, MIKAH!

Good luck with the show.  I hope that we, in the US, and members in other countries, will also be able to catch "The Switch."

-Michael

3 people like this

Posted

Mikah, this is wonderful! I'll be in touch with an idea to help promote the show on TGGuide. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

That is great Mikah, hopefully many will get a chance to watch this and gain a new perspective on the transgender community.

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah I was thinking why remedy comedy from tgs isn't there?

1 person likes this

Posted

Hiya Mikah. I have watched the On-Set Video-Clip, and "Wow", how lovely and refreshing,  A Trans' Movie, about Trans' People, with Trans' People, and a Trans' Crew. Being a Transitioning MtoF Transsexual, Myself, this is something that I Totally Respect. ( By the way, Mikah I Love Your Pig-Tail's Sweetheart. ) Mikah, Thank You So Very Much, for Sharing this with Us. Mikah, Good Luck, Take Care, and My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xoxo 

Posted

Yay!  The more exposure of us to the general public, the better.  We all know that despite the down sides in our lives, there is plenty of laughing as well.  I'm really looking forward to this program.

1 person likes this