Mobile Login for the HTML5 Chatroom

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey all, Krissy here to give ya some help at the request of olcharlie, a moderator, mobiles have been having issues logging on, due to seeing nothing but a white screen, well I'm here to guide you all and get you back to chatting with your buddies :)

(This is the IPhone Instructions, if you own an IPhone click this link: http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/request-desktop-site-ios-8/)

log into [tgguide.com] for the new chat rooms, to access with Android devices when you are in your browser (so far only Chrome, Puffin and Safari work, as far as I know) on the top right corner there is several (3) vertical dots (It is essential your on the three aforementioned Browsers, otherwise you'll be chasing your own tail), that is your browser option menu, go into the menu, and select "Request Desktop Site" (you MUST be on desktop view, or this wont work). Then you can go into the chat after that

Requesiting_Desktop_site_on_android.thum

Also: on the java system it was possible to log in on as a guest account, using a password, without actually registering. So when we migrated the data base from there to here, folks who hadn’t actually registered had no information on the system to include. This misunderstanding cannot happen on the new system. Do please register a new account here, and let us know if we can help.

Also, It is highly recommended that you clear your cache and cookies before switching to the new site, if you don't you'll just get booted back to the old chat

Getting_to_Applications.thumb.jpg.130761Selecting_Application.thumb.jpg.bce24a16Clearing_Cache.thumb.jpg.e21e8830e376a7c

Edited by KrissyJH
Adding three new images, a visual guide to clearing your cache. And underlined, bolded and italics'd all of the most important points that people seem to ignore.
3 people like this

Posted

Hi Krissy and everyone else,

isabella here, aka isabella.m. 

For those of you using a Kindle Fire I am posting a YouTube link that I found that will help walk you through installing Chrome and FireFox to your device.

Here is the link:  [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsaLeGjSoU]

Additionally, not completely off topic is the subject of connectivity and which browser to use; Chrome, Puffin, or Safari.

I have an Android HTC One M8 and I use Chrome and the stability and connectivity to the TGtalk.com site is very good.

Please remember to always use the "Request Desktop Site" otherwise as Krissy stated you will only get a white screen.

Take care and we (olcharlie, Krissy, me and the other Admin/Staff) wish you well.

isabella

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you both for your efforts.  We hope our less technically inclined users will find their way through the room migration.  And of course i''ll add an invitation to any one who trips over this thread to visit the chat room.  It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it is available to everybody.

2 people like this