Wedsday , August 5th is an anniversary

9 posts in this topic

Posted

This Weds day, is really special to me . It is my 1 year anniversary of being published in a "Mainstream"  publication as Ellen . Now I know Style Weekly magazine isn't really a huge deal unless yer in Richmond Virginia . Still, I'm the magazines FIRST Non Drag , full Time Trans woman .

I first got wind of the Story , Self Serve by Dale Brumfield on Tuesday morning August 4th 2014 ON -Line ! I figured if the Net had it , Style was hitting at least Down Town Richmond . ITWAS! I got to an inner city Kroger grocery store  , grabbed a handful and tore the paper to see myself on page 19 -21.. I nearly fainted as I was crying for joy . People were now walking over the paper stand in curiosity as I began signing autographs ! Yes, the Capital of the Confederacy, the paper that was formed back in 1981 to be an "Arts " paper to Yuppie silver spoon Richmonder's had finally cut the rope and published a most controversial biography of me, my childhood , and how I got into architectural modeling .

From L 2 R Ellen Shaver with the model of the Triangle Filling station , photo by Scott Elmquist  photo of Triangle Filling station , photo of Dale Brumfield and Ellen Shaver , Ellen Shaver and Dale Brumfield after the first interview to do the story

Ellen with her triangle Filling station.jpg

Model of Triangle Filling station circa 1923.jpg

Dale Brumfield and Ellen Shaver  12 -12-2014.JPG

Ellen Shaver , Dale Brumfield , the interview for the up coming article in Style Weekly , Self Serve 7-21-2014.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Happy Anniversary, Ellen. Well deserved I will say. 

:D

2 people like this

Posted

Congrats Ellen

2 people like this

Posted

Hiya Ellen. I have only just seen this. ( Sorry ! ) Ellen, Many Congratulations Love. You ARE a Great Lady. May You go from Strength to Strength !  You Inspire A Lot of People Ellen. Good On You. I Love the Photograph's, The bottom one - The Lady In Red. That IS Lovely. Ellen, I Am in the Early Day's of My MtoF Transitioning Journey, but, If I Look half as good as You after GRS/SRS, I will be Happy. Once again Ellen, Many Congratulations. Take Care, and My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xoxo

2 people like this

Posted

Stepanie , thank you so very much for the kind words . This year , I turn 65 , REALLY ! 

2 people like this

Posted

Hiya Ellen. You are very Welcome Sweetie. You Do NOT Look Anywhere near 65. Ellen Shaver, one very Pretty, Beautiful Lady !  Ellen, You DO Look Very Proud, in All of Your Photograph's, and I say Justifiably so, too !  I have Not had any Photograph's, knowingly taken Yet, Since Coming-Out as Transsexual, 4 1/2 Month's Ago, I have wanted My Hair to grow a little bit longer, before getting Photographed ! Ellen, Speak Soon, Take Care, and Very Best Wishes. Stephanie. xx 

1 person likes this

Posted

Stephanie , to "Rip off " a Texas hero of mine Edie Chiles , former CEO of the Western Companies , former Texas Ranger baseball owner , he would say in commericals , "I'M MAD! 

These thought provoking 90 second spots were always COMMON sense and yes, often times Conservative . Now I know the word Conservative is a "Dirty word " In LGBT . Well, I consider myself a conservative because of my run in's with authority and government coming along . 

When I got serious as to "Comming out in 1993 , I knew I had "Hit bottom " I was on the brink of a suicide and a Pre Op Trans woman therapist honestly talked me out of it . She showed me possibilities I wasn't aware of as the world had changed greatly since I was told to NEVER SAY A WORD back in 1957 or my interview with Christine Jorgensen in 1973 . I was looking at a Prison term living "Closeted " I had practiced "Real world " wardrobe and I had been an advertising student in college . These things combined made for a path to be the Lady I dreamed of becoming . 

Taking a critical look at wardrobe , I began to select clothes that were "Classic " and not trendy . The same went with make up techniques . I watched Cis women in action and did my best to duplicate those moves . In time , I found women who were able to observe me and I told them in no uncertain terms , BE HARD ! In the Movie business, we call this , "Practicing your craft ". 

Taking all these small steps , I began to make my self public . At first , it was a Lesbian bar . Then , an accepting church . Soon it was the Book store , the Post Office , even resturants where , GASP , "Straight " people were ! Now this didn't come overnight , NO WAY! It came about because as Edie Chiles was so fond of saying , "I'm Mad " 

2 people like this

Posted

Hiya Ellen. I Came-Out as Transsexual, on 30th. April, 2015. Then on the 1st. May, 2015, I started Fully, Full-Time, Female-Dressing, and Living. I even started Going Fully Dressed, Out In Public, on 1st. May, 2015, as well. Now that was Slightly Daunting, but, It Does Not Worry Me. I have got a lot of supportive Friends, Luckily !  I Know Ellen, that You had a Tough Time, having read Everything that You have Written. Ellen Sweetheart, You ARE Lovely, and as I said before, if, at the end of My GRS/SRS, in the Future, if I Look Half As Good As You, I Will Be Happy. When I say that Ellen, I Mean It Sincerely. Ellen Shaver, You ARE a Beautiful, Pretty, Lady.  Ellen, I have A Massive Respect for You My Lovely.  Ellen, Keep Smiling, Take Care, and My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xx

Posted

Congratulations Ellen!

Bonnie