broken links Broken Links . . . Please Check Your Links!

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear Friends,

PLEASE check your links BEFORE you post, or, if after you post, you discover a link is broken, to please repair it.  Have myself made many errors on links, and sometimes twice on the same link, requiring a third attempt on repairing it.  The most common error is confusing "zero" with "oh."  They look almost alike, and I find I have this problem the most with YouTube videos.  

Begging everyone to TEST their links BEFORE posting, because so many of our members desperately need the information, and are frustrated by broken links.

Thank you very much.

Yours truly,

Monica

3 people like this

Posted

Hiya Again Monica.  Thank You Very Much, For Your Advice, On Broken Links. I Will Ensure, That I Double-Check,:Any Links, For Any Error's. Once Again Love, Thank You. Take Care, Best Wishes, Stephie. xoxo

1 person likes this

Posted

In addition to checking links to make sure they work, here's a quick tip -  create links before doing any formatting of a post.  For whatever reason, if you format any of your post, and then try to create a link, it will not work.

NOTE:  It would also help if members would PM a moderator when they run across links in old threads that no longer work.  Sometimes we can track down new links, or find content by a different media outlet to replace what was.  When we can't, the link is removed, or a note is put on the post advising members that the content is no longer available.

-Michael

1 person likes this

Posted

Dear Steph and Mike,

When I place a link in a post, I have a free space above it and below it, so that my writing does not accidentally make itself part of the link. 

Yours truly,

Monica

Posted

Monica , at least you can post a link to this forum. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to post a "Clickable " of any sort into this forum. SEVERAL times , I have been handed medical documentation that could prove valuable to a lot of the people of this forum . I have given up trying .

1 person likes this

Posted

Ellen -

Would you mind showing step-by-step what you do to attempt to create a link?  Hopefully, if you can provide that info, perhaps we can figure out what the problem is - but that would be the only way I know of to help.

Are there any other members having issues with creating links?  Please post on this thread if so, and provide the steps taken in your respective attempts at creating links.

-Mike

1 person likes this

Posted

Dear Ellen and Mike,

People have told me that they have cut and pasted links and videos into their post, but I can not do that because I have great difficulty with this computer using multiple windows.

Unfortunately, I have to take pencil and paper, and COPY the links letter for letter and number for number.  Realize it is cumbersome and prone to mistakes, but it works.  The link is in the address line, just under the tabs on my top tool bar.

Also, I am careful to use the prefix, "http://www." or "https://www.," being careful not to confuse the two (http will NOT get you to a https Internet address, and also being careful not to confuse the suffix, ".com" or ".org," or ".net," etc.

Your friend,

Monica

Posted

Michael, I do a copy and paste , usually from face Book . This forum will NOT allow me to do so , it's THAT simple !

1 person likes this

Posted

I still come across useful info with in a link. Since I still to this day can not paste them, a good deal of information like medical trxts are too cumbersome for ,e to deal with here . I would LOVE to be able to re post my medical findings here and the software will not allow such