Chelsea Manning found guilty for prison contraband, including Vanity Fair’s Caitlyn Jenner cover

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Whistleblower Chelsea Manning was found guilty Tuesday on four disciplinary charges and given 21 days of recreational restrictions for breaking military prison rules — keeping expired toothpaste and Vanity Fair’s Caitlyn Jenner cover, among other things, in her cell, her attorney said.

Manning’s attorney, Chase Strangio with the American Civil Liberties Union, said in a statement Manning was convicted during a four-hour, closed-door disciplinary hearing without legal representation. A message from Manning’s Twitter account said her restrictions include “no gym, library or outdoors.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/19/chelsea-manning-found-guilty-for-prison-contraband-vanity-fairs-caitlin-jenner-cover/

2 people like this

Posted

Ol' Charly,

Irrespective of my feelings about Chelsea Manning's charges, it bothers me how prisons have so many rules for prisoners that it is next to impossible to obey them all!  It is like they want to set up prisoners for failure!  

Monica

2 people like this

Posted

1st off good for her coming.out.............. But i have no respect for her due to what she did.....  if offends i am sorry but as a vet i can not tolerate a traitor in any form  

2 people like this

Posted

Expired toothpaste and a magazine cover... "contraband?"  WTH?!  :blink:

2 people like this

Posted

Expired toothpaste and a magazine cover... "contraband?"  WTH?!  :blink:

​Military prison need i say more ....

2 people like this

Posted

She embarrassed the military.  They don't like that.

2 people like this

Posted

Getting off topic aren't ya?