Caitlyn Jenner could face criminal charge for fatal crash

9 posts in this topic

Posted

There's an old saying that every sword cuts two ways.  A celebrity trans person can lend to the education of the broader public who know nothing of the issues.  And of course this is for the fence sitters who may come to push back against the fundamentalists who will refuse to consider science in the face of religions prejudice.  I've spoken with trans folk who resent Caitlyn's apparent effort to represent the community.  I have to say i was never a fan of Jenner before, and transition can't fix anything but gender.  And under the hot lights of media scrutiny, she has in my opinion misspoken at least once in my opinion, perhaps more but i haven't followed it all that closely.

To give the benefit of the doubt, gender issues are thrust upon folks, they are not sought out.  And while celebrity may be sought, it is also sometimes thrust upon someone that wasn't looking for it.  Or it may be that some new issue that the individual would have preferred to keep private will dredge a personality out of private life and into the public by the ever persistent paparazzi.  In the news it is said that if it bleeds it leads, and one human misstep can become a headline.  And again, such an error, however human, can cause some to cackle. 

I can only say that it was Caitlyn's misfortune to be born trans in a culture that frightened her into avoiding the issue as long as possible.  This alone will cause damage and create baggage that nobody asks for.  And some of that baggage may have included traits that made possible a tragic accident that caused a death.  And it is at the very least, a hiccough along the way to bringing trans issues forward in educating the public.  It will do some harm in the way some will perceive it.  But the world wont end, and some difficulty is always inevitable. 

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150821/us--jenner_crash-9eda0f137b.html

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

She is really a bad example for all transgenders to follow or be following her.There has not been 1 good transgenders contribution by her since she introduce herself as transitioning. But i support her being transgenders & if she got traffic violations than I scrutinized what exactly happened in court of law.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/entertainment/caitlyn-jenner-accident-investigation/?iid=ob_homepage_NewsAndBuzz_pool&iref=obnetwork

Edited by cross2play
1 person likes this

Posted

This is getting to point she looks to abuse her powers & abusing those powers in the 'wrong way'.  May God help her in her insight of being transgenders not trans abuser's!

1 person likes this

Posted

Although I doubt this would happen but if Jenner were to be placed into a regular jail it would be as a male and that would be ugly in some many ways. 

3 people like this

Posted

Although I doubt this would happen but if Jenner were to be placed into a regular jail it would be as a male and that would be ugly in some many ways. 

When I first saw an article that indicated there was a 50/50 chance that she could be charged with "misdemeanor-level manslaughter," I wondered if she would be heavily fined and receive a suspended sentence, perhaps being placed on a period of probation....   OR, would they throw her in a men's jail/prison just like they do all the other trans women in the country that find themselves in hot water with the law?

I'm willing to hazard a bet, that no matter what happens, there will all kindsa backlash....

2 people like this

Posted

Michael, I am sure no matter what happens money can and most likely tip the scales if the judge is open to it and the defense attorney is very good. Of course if this happen to any of us without the resources Jenner has we would be in deep dodo.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This iis exactly what I am referring to, if & when goes to Jail/ solitary confinement, it will be a good lesson for her to straighten out or make her mind how to act as transgender person, cause all I see in her actions post tg person after media breakthrough is she is driving irrational behavior in contrast to cross dressing in public  more to stay within her limits to act in limited control of her new powers?

Edited by cross2play
1 person likes this

Posted

There's no cardboard cutout of what a TG should look like, no more than there is for the cis gender.  In america, someone is killed by a drunk driver every hour.  Imagine how many are just injured or retain property damage.  These misfortunes occur when a human gets in a vehicle after drinking.  The profiles include young and old and middle aged, a variety of races are accounted for, male and female, straight and gay, religious and atheist, conservative and progressive and political fence sitters, smart, stupid, average, famous and unheard of, wealthy, comfortable poor.  And along with all of those other things, and residing in variety of combinations of those things, one may be also cis gender or trans gender.  Most accidents, whether drinking was involved or not, don't make page one news unless there was horrific damage or someone famous involved.  If it bleeds it leads.

We're all aware of this because of a fame that began with tennis, then was resurrected for marrying into more fame, and now for the discovery of an issue that society is only beginning to become aware of.    Something new is something new, at least to those who didn't know about it before.  And there's a variety of reactions available.  The first time someone sees a deer they might notice that it's smaller than they expected, timid and trembly, fearful.  They might have an "aw" response and feel protective.  But another will look at the same deer and feeling superior in size say, "Hah, if i was that small i'd be scared too!"  And they might throw a rock at it for good measure.  One is a compassionate reaction, the other is cruel.  

Caitlyn was never a perfect person, but is correcting her gender under the microscope of the paparazzi.  Wealth and fame may benefit or harm in such a circumstance.  And the courts can be susceptible to public mood, perhaps represent that mood.  The court might be persuaded by a famous persons contriteness because they feel they know that person better through their fame and better lawyers.  And the court might doubt a nobody's contriteness because they don't know them or their lawyers.  The court, like the public, may prefer to bring down someone famous because of that fame, or because of some difference their fame has come to represent.  That the courts might treat someone differently because of gender is unfortunate.  That the courts might treat someone differently because of wealth is unfortunate.  Perhaps it's more important that we see what can be done to correct the courts.  And maybe that will only come as people get to know and understand people they never knew or understood before.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I wish her all the best legally in court, but I suspect from her outcomes from making headlines for couple past  few weeks, suspicious activity of NOT being or perform cds-ing activities in open public enough to live as a women ?  I feel the best in her results but because of fame she went up infront of media cameras too fast too soon, all she did 'as if on twitter posting her statements based on other T genders' to give a example & not actually living up to a transgenders person in public.

Edited by cross2play