Transgender Guide Message Board

Petition Launched Against "Transphobic" Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costume

5 posts in this topic

Posted

"To make a costume out of a marginalized identity reduces that person and community to a stereotype for privileged people to abuse."

Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume has sparked indignation on social media.

The costume, entitled "Call Me Caitlyn Unisex Adult Costume," is a recreation of Jenner's iconic Vanity Fair cover. Sites like AnytimeCostumes.com and WholesaleHalloweenCostumes.com are selling the costume, which ranges in price from $49.90 to $74.99. On both of these sites the costume is found under the "Humorous" section.

call_me_caitlyn_costume.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/caitlyn-jenner-halloween-costume-labeled-817515

1 person likes this

Posted

I ran across an article about this earlier in the evening.  For whatever reasons, varied as they are, Caitlyn Jenner has really struck a good number of nerves.  The woman can't catch a break --   She can do no right in the eyse of some.  She can't do enough in the eyes of many.  She's lucky enough to have the money to go all out in her transition.  If she waited this long, why'd she bother at all.  And now she's a halloween costume.

::: shaking head :::

2 people like this

Posted

Dear Ol' Charlie,

Thank you for sharing the petition.  Signed it immediately.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND MAKE A SHORT PERSONAL STATEMENT.

There is NOTHING humorous about this costume!!

Thank you in advance.

Yours truly,

Monica

1 person likes this

Posted

Hiya Charlie, Michael, and Monica. I Have Also Just Signed The Petition. Something as Offensive To The TS/TG/TV/CD/LGBT World in General Upsets Me. Thank You So Much, For Bringing This To Our Attention. Take Care, And Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xoxo