A transgender teen used the girls’ locker room. Now her community is up in arms.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

For two hours, approximately 150 students stood in front of Hillsboro High School to protest a transgender teen’s use of the girls’ facilities.
2 people like this

Posted

I presume Bruce Jenner put bad influence on this poor ready to leash newbie trans person. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The fight for access to gender appropriate bathrooms has been going on since long before Caitlyn came along.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's still going to take say a decade or so for people to feel comfortable with trans people, yes this is sad but it's the truth in that people need time and people like us to spread the word that we too are normal people.

2 people like this

Posted

I just simply feel sad the fact Bruce Jenner forced this unfortunate transgender in transitioning to some bad publicity in getting emotionally involved by reading news headlines one after another!  There is huge level of difference between a teenager starting out in life, than an established Olympian winner with career  breakthrough.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hiya Folks. I might only have Come-Out as Transsexual, just over 4 Month's ago, but, I have been using Female Washroom's, for most of that time too. ( Don't Forget, Us Girl's, Should Always Sit Too ! ). However, I Am Registered Disabled, and so I Am able to use Disabled Washroom's, as well !  Here in the UK, there are quite a lot of Washroom's, for use by Male/Female/Disabled/Etc. ( It Does NOT  Matter, Who Uses Them ! )  The fact that A 17 Year-Old Transgender Student, in the USA, was hounded, for using the Female Washroom's, is Diabolical. She has to use Washroom's, just like Anyone Else does. Those who hounded Lila Perry, ought to be ashamed of themselves. As Karen Payne said, It's still going to take say a decade or so, for people to feel comfortable with Trans people,  yes it sad, but it's the truth in that people need time and people like Us to spread the word, that we too are normal people. Karen, sadly, You are right, but We Can make other people aware, and I have recently, had several friends, who have said, that since I told them that I Am Transsexual, that they have done research on Transsexuality and Transgenderism, etc.  So if I have helped, in any small way, to raise the Profile, on Trans issues, then I Am pleased with that. If We can All help to raise Our Profile, and that of other's, then all well and good. 

Edited by Steph53
1 person likes this

Posted

I just simply feel sad the fact Bruce Jenner forced this unfortunate transgender in transitioning to some bad publicity in getting emotionally involved by reading news headlines one after another!  There is huge level of difference between a teenager starting out in life, than an established Olympian winner with career  breakthrough.

Caitlyn Jenner has not "forced" anyone to come out, per se.  She might have helped some rake up the courage to come out...but still, what ever a person is subjected to at the hand of ignorance can hardly be blamed on Jenner or any other famous trans person.  And the only reason Jenner is getting so much press is because she was well known before her transition.  That the media is acting like a buncha idiots is also not Jenner's fault.  If anything... I think all the press has done nothing but garner her a bad rap.

-Michael

1 person likes this