Biden backs transgender military service as US weighs policy

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Oct 4, 5:08 AM (ET)
By JOSH LEDERMAN

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden is throwing his unequivocal support behind letting transgender people serve openly in the U.S. military, as the Obama administration considers whether and when to lift the longstanding ban.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20151004/us--dem_2016-lgbt-893b0ac3cd.html

2 people like this

Posted

Hello Charlie. It Is about time, that the U.S.A. Military, let Transgender/Transsexual People, openly serve. They can do as go a job, as Non-Transgender/Transsexual People. I hope that Barack Obama's Administration Soon Pull Their Finger's Out. Here In The U.K. Charlie, the Military are Well advanced in Transsexuality/Transgenderism. The British Military have L.G.B.T. Officer's, and Official's. ItIs Good to see some more Common Sense, coming into use.  Charlie, Thank You So Much, for Informing Us. Charlie, Take Care, With My Very Best Wishes, Stephanie. xoxo. 

Posted

They just have to not to mix with general population.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not sure how that works in the military.  I mean how segregated are the men and women?  I agree that TG men and women should be allowed in the military without fear from their own soldiers.  Since other countries are already doing it what is preventing the US from following suit?

Bonnie

1 person likes this